Help required to choose a graphics card!

bean_brother

I got my pc 4 months ago now and i think i have finally saved enough to buy a decent graphics card. The problem is: I don't know what to get that wont bottleneck my pc.

My CPU is a Ryzen 5600g and I have 16gb of Ram that runs at 3600Mhz. If you need to know anything else, please just ask. Thanks guys!

Dont worry about bottlenecks and get the best card you can afford, fit in your case and power with your PSU. What is the budget?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just now, --SID-- said:

What's the brand and model of your PSU?

EVGA 550 GT

6 minutes ago, Levent said:

Dont worry about bottlenecks and get the best card you can afford, fit in your case and power with your PSU. What is the budget?

I have roughly saved around £450 now

4 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

What's the brand and model of your PSU?

3 minutes ago, bean_brother said:

EVGA 550 GT

Yup, PSU is the determining factor here, especially if you're on a budget. If you're below 650-750W, your limits would be a GTX1660 ti or equivalent. If you're in the 650W-750W range, you should be able to get away with an RTX2060-RTX2080ti. Above 750W, you might even be able to get away with an RTX3080-RTX3090... IF your PSU is rated at its TRUE wattage. Some are not.

ADDED: However, there are good PSUs at higher wattages for cheap, but with that budget, you still won't be able to get much better than a GTX1660ti. Maybe an RX6800-RX6900, but I'm not sure of the wattage requirements for those.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

2 minutes ago, bean_brother said:

EVGA 550 GT

1 minute ago, bean_brother said:

RTX 3060 or RX 6600 XT should be no problem.

1 minute ago, --SID-- said:

Cool, thanks!

6 minutes ago, bean_brother said:

EVGA 550 GT

5 minutes ago, bean_brother said:

3 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

Not to start an argument here, but I run an RTX3060ti and routinely see a 450W load on my UPS. Not sure I'd want to run a PSU that close to its peak load. I'm aware RTX3050-RTX3060ti are not as susceptible to transients, but I'd think that's cutting the gap on the total load and capacity a bit thin.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

6 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

Yup, PSU is the determining factor here, especially if you're on a budget. If you're below 650-750W, your limits would be a GTX1660 ti or equivalent. If you're in the 650W-750W range, you should be able to get away with an RTX2060-RTX2080ti. Above 750W, you might even be able to get away with an RTX3080-RTX3090... IF your PSU is rated at its TRUE wattage. Some are not.

ADDED: However, there are good PSUs at higher wattages for cheap, but with that budget, you still won't be able to get much better than a GTX1660ti. Maybe an RX6800-RX6900, but I'm not sure of the wattage requirements for those.

Would these cards bottleneck my system?

10 minutes ago, bean_brother said:

Would these cards bottleneck my system?

The RTX 3000 series? Maybe. The 5600G gives up a bit of performance over the 5600 / 5600X, and some people say bottleneck thinking is wrong. But I can tell you that while RAM issues are potentially a factor, I notice quite a bit of difference running my RTX3060ti in a 3600X versus my 5900X. Sure, it's half the cores and half the threads, but what I notice is that the CPU usage isn't particularly high unless I go nuts with detail and really run a game hard. Resolution is also a factor, so if you're planning on 720p-1080p, maybe 1280p, it might not be so bad. Personally, with your budget, I think your best bet is a 1660ti. I doubt you can get both a better PSU AND an RTX3070-RTX3080ti are not likely on that budget. GTX1650 Supers are running $200 USD right now, which imagine would be right around 180 GBP.

Added: There is nothing wrong with a GTX1650 Super or GTX1660ti. I run a GTX1650 Super in my 1700 rig and it does quite well, has bested 100 fps in ATS at 3840x2160. Of course, it's an Asus TUF 4GB OC edition...

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

12 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

I run an RTX3060ti and routinely see a 450W load on my UPS.

At the AC side of the PSU which is about 400w DC. If that's an issue for a 550w PSU than it's a garbage unit (which a Supernova GT isn't). Up to 3060 and RX6600XT is totally fine.

Just now, --SID-- said:

At the AC side of the PSU which is about 400w DC. If that's an issue for a 550w PSU than it's a garbage unit (which a Supernova GT isn't). Up to 3060 and RX6600XT it's totally fine.

I guess we shall see. But can OP get an RTX3060 / RX6600 for their budget? Hell, I just paid $200 USD for a GTX1650 for a potential flip build a few days ago.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

23 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

I guess we shall see. But can OP get an RTX3060 / RX6600 for their budget? Hell, I just paid $200 USD for a GTX1650 for a potential flip build a few days ago.

Easily. They can almost get a 3060ti. 
97B1CD96-64AE-4067-AE4C-1866E6D42796.thumb.png.b25b4d2b0b1ad7ec4e188ca9e6616c32.png

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?