Buying second hand (August 2022)

Hi, i've not been great with following up on phones for the past couple of years because i have not really been wanting to replace my phone, a Oneplus 7 pro, but it is showing its age now with strange sim card issues.

I am looking to buy a phone second hand to save money, are there any specific new features that are really worth considering, i'm considering android phones equivalent to a galaxy S19-S22 generations. but as far as i can see from older reviews there has not been a lot of "big new features"

thanks in advance

Decent camera, good chipset, and large battery are most of what you are going to be looking for. And don't forget about software support. As much as I love my Moto, and as good a value as it is, they haven't been the best about pledging long term support for stuff. 

OP7Pro user here. 

Do you by any chance purposely not updating the OS? 

Because I put off updating my OOS 11 and there was sim card issues as well, a lot of times there's just no internet connection, or sms not being received. 

After a while I gave up and just updated my OS, and now all is well. 

Not an expert, just bored at work. Please quote me or mention me if you would like me to see your reply. **may edit my posts a few times after posting**

CPU: Intel i5-12400 | GPU: Asus TUF RX 6800 XT OC | Mobo: Asus Prime B660M-A D4 WIFI | RAM: Team Delta TUF Alliance 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: Team MP33 1TB | PSU: MSI MPG A850GF | Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A |  Cooler: ID-Cooling SE-234 ARGB | OS: Windows 11 Pro | Pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/FpC7yK
Displays: Samsung Odyssey G5 S32AG50 32" 1440p 165hz | AOC 27G2E 27" 1080p 144hz

Laptop: ROG Strix Scar III G531GU Intel i5-9300H GTX 1660Ti Mobile| OS: Windows 10 Home

1 hour ago, Dukesilver27- said:

OP7Pro user here. 

Do you by any chance purposely not updating the OS? 

Because I put off updating my OOS 11 and there was sim card issues as well, a lot of times there's just no internet connection, or sms not being received. 

After a while I gave up and just updated my OS, and now all is well. 

the issue mentioned is merely a catalyst for me finally giving in and replacing my phone. the glass is also very damaged 🙂

You can get refurbished phones of all more recent or even brand new phones. They come with warranty, so much better than actual second-hand from a stranger unless you really want it dirt cheap and don't mind the risk. 

Feature YOU want YOU have to decide and compare to the phones. My general advice is to look at how long they promise to provide OS upgrades. That would favor more recent models. 

On 8/13/2022 at 10:13 PM, Ambrusius said:

I am looking to buy a phone second hand to save money, are there any specific new features that are really worth considering...

How did you find the OP7P?

Size, weight, design

Performance, storage, connectivity

Endurance, charge times

Preferred mode of unlock

Existing app/feature requirements

Awareness is key. Never enough, even in the face of futility. Speak the truth as if you may never get to say it again. This world is full of ugly. Change it they say. The only way is to reveal the ugly. To change the truth you must first acknowledge it. Never pretend it isn't there. Never bend the knee.

Please quote my post in your reply, so that I will be notified and can respond to it. Thanks.