Jump to content

Put a warning in PC gaming

fpo
 Share

Put some thing when making a new thread like "if you want to build a PC, or upgrade a pc go to the following link on what you should get or upgrade

*link for new builds and planning* 

 

So people go to the right section and make a post that people can help. 

 

Edit:

Maybe better phrasing. But you get the idea. 

Synthesizer thread:

 

LTT Fan Fiction:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't help that much. Though I do wonder how all those who post into there, or Windows subforum about new builds or troubleshooting scroll all the way down, past the subforums that are much higher on the list.

 

The amount misplaced threads is minimal to have addition to annoy.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Wouldn't help that much. Though I do wonder how all those who post into there, or Windows subforum about new builds or troubleshooting scroll all the way down, past the subforums that are much higher on the list.

 

The amount misplaced threads is minimal to have addition to annoy.

It says gaming lol. 

 

I think in one LTT video they showed that the same graphics cards with the word gaming on it sold way better than the ones that didn't have gaming on it. 

 

For a complete noob, new builds and planning doesn't really spark interest but windows and PC gaming are the things they want to do and the words they recognize. 

I've scanned webpages for words I recognized and passed over all the information I was looking for because it didn't have the keywords I was looking for

Synthesizer thread:

 

LTT Fan Fiction:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, fpo said:

It says gaming lol. 

 

I think in one LTT video they showed that the same graphics cards with the word gaming on it sold way better than the ones that didn't have gaming on it. 

 

For a complete noob, new builds and planning doesn't really spark interest but windows and PC gaming are the things they want to do and the words they recognize. 

I've scanned webpages for words I recognized and passed over all the information I was looking for because it didn't have the keywords I was looking for

And you really think they would read anything that on top of subforum or new post page if they didn't read forums they scroll past? People are lazy, and no amount of bright lights and whistles will change that.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

And you really think they would read anything that on top of subforum or new post page if they didn't read forums they scroll past? People are lazy, and no amount of bright lights and whistles will change that.

Lol, figured if it was "in their way" it might slow them down. 

Synthesizer thread:

 

LTT Fan Fiction:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Caroline said:

It won't work

Here's an older meme that still checks out:

which of the 100s do one read? or is it in the ToS?

jk.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

How many new users just post everything in General because "this is the most active post therefore I will post there", or even stop scrolling at that point because it's the first non-specialized board you see?

Dell owns my soul.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

How many new users just post everything in General

that and off topic, which some of it could fit in, as much like any of the other "boards".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

How many new users just post everything in General because "this is the most active post therefore I will post there", or even stop scrolling at that point because it's the first non-specialized board you see?

This'll be a cool one to see play out...

Will they post their problems in "Video Suggestions" thread?

Synthesizer thread:

 

LTT Fan Fiction:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, fpo said:

This'll be a cool one to see play out...

Will they post their problems in "Video Suggestions" thread?

I've seen a few asking for help in status updates too.

Tender is the night

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Caroline said:

I've seen a few asking for help in status updates too.

These people read too much. I didn't even know people could make status updates until someone mentioned dildor's status updates in a thread

Synthesizer thread:

 

LTT Fan Fiction:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

My favorite is people who post their PC problems in Forum Bugs & Issues. 

But yeah OP, the people who would need to read the type of warning you're suggesting would never read it, and the people who would read it wouldn't need it. 

Your "PC master race" thing is cringe. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

It also doesn't help that you get more replies if you post in general or news ore something like that rather than the actual sub you're supposed to.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Middcore said:

My favorite is people who post their PC problems in Forum Bugs & Issues. 

But yeah OP, the people who would need to read the type of warning you're suggesting would never read it, and the people who would read it wouldn't need it. 

good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws - plato

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Caroline said:

trying not to cut myself with that edge

I dont really get what you mean but I laughed so hard nevertheless

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/13/2022 at 1:01 PM, Caroline said:

It won't work

Here's an older meme that still checks out:

IaqMtOL.png

This is why we have a Template in Tech News 😉

 

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 1800X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 32GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×