Put a warning in PC gaming

Put some thing when making a new thread like "if you want to build a PC, or upgrade a pc go to the following link on what you should get or upgrade

*link for new builds and planning* 

So people go to the right section and make a post that people can help. 

Edit:

Maybe better phrasing. But you get the idea. 

Wouldn't help that much. Though I do wonder how all those who post into there, or Windows subforum about new builds or troubleshooting scroll all the way down, past the subforums that are much higher on the list.

The amount misplaced threads is minimal to have addition to annoy.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Wouldn't help that much. Though I do wonder how all those who post into there, or Windows subforum about new builds or troubleshooting scroll all the way down, past the subforums that are much higher on the list.

The amount misplaced threads is minimal to have addition to annoy.

It says gaming lol. 

I think in one LTT video they showed that the same graphics cards with the word gaming on it sold way better than the ones that didn't have gaming on it. 

For a complete noob, new builds and planning doesn't really spark interest but windows and PC gaming are the things they want to do and the words they recognize. 

I've scanned webpages for words I recognized and passed over all the information I was looking for because it didn't have the keywords I was looking for

20 minutes ago, fpo said:

It says gaming lol. 

I think in one LTT video they showed that the same graphics cards with the word gaming on it sold way better than the ones that didn't have gaming on it. 

For a complete noob, new builds and planning doesn't really spark interest but windows and PC gaming are the things they want to do and the words they recognize. 

I've scanned webpages for words I recognized and passed over all the information I was looking for because it didn't have the keywords I was looking for

And you really think they would read anything that on top of subforum or new post page if they didn't read forums they scroll past? People are lazy, and no amount of bright lights and whistles will change that.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

And you really think they would read anything that on top of subforum or new post page if they didn't read forums they scroll past? People are lazy, and no amount of bright lights and whistles will change that.

Lol, figured if it was "in their way" it might slow them down. 

6 minutes ago, Caroline said:

It won't work

Here's an older meme that still checks out:

which of the 100s do one read? or is it in the ToS?

jk.

How many new users just post everything in General because "this is the most active post therefore I will post there", or even stop scrolling at that point because it's the first non-specialized board you see?

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

51 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

How many new users just post everything in General

that and off topic, which some of it could fit in, as much like any of the other "boards".

4 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

How many new users just post everything in General because "this is the most active post therefore I will post there", or even stop scrolling at that point because it's the first non-specialized board you see?

This'll be a cool one to see play out...

Will they post their problems in "Video Suggestions" thread?

9 minutes ago, Caroline said:

I've seen a few asking for help in status updates too.

These people read too much. I didn't even know people could make status updates until someone mentioned dildor's status updates in a thread

My favorite is people who post their PC problems in Forum Bugs & Issues. 

But yeah OP, the people who would need to read the type of warning you're suggesting would never read it, and the people who would read it wouldn't need it. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

It also doesn't help that you get more replies if you post in general or news ore something like that rather than the actual sub you're supposed to.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

14 hours ago, Middcore said:

My favorite is people who post their PC problems in Forum Bugs & Issues. 

But yeah OP, the people who would need to read the type of warning you're suggesting would never read it, and the people who would read it wouldn't need it. 

good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws - plato

2 hours ago, Caroline said:

trying not to cut myself with that edge

I dont really get what you mean but I laughed so hard nevertheless

On 8/13/2022 at 1:01 PM, Caroline said:

It won't work

Here's an older meme that still checks out:

IaqMtOL.png

This is why we have a Template in Tech News 😉

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor