Looking to buy a laptop!

I am looking to buy a laptop with the intend for programming, but would also like games to be an option.

I am located in Ireland, looking to spend maximum 600-700 euro. I will mainly be using this to program when I am not home, but would also like to game, though it does not need to be for heavy games. 16gb ram preferred, and AMD is preferred.

Just now, Fennie said:

tried looking at fb marketplace?

Don't trust that place to be honest, and want something unused

Gaming will be difficult, since there are probably only IGPs.

Maybe look into the Thinkpad E14 G4 or Thinkpad E15 G4 series. With education discount, they go as low as 599€ here in Germany.

You might be Lucky with an Asus Zenbook 325~ or something like that. Ram is soldered, so 16gb only, and Display should be 400 nits brightness.

Worth mentioning: Acer Swift X 14" can come with a GTX 1650 in a compact formfactor, if you prefer 14" over 15-16".

If it can be bigger, maybe gigabyte A5 maybe. It's an entry level Gaming Notebook with Ryzen 5600H and RTX 3060 130w. But it's 899€..

Your Budget isn't much to work with, since that's the amount where decent Notebooks even start (without having too many compromises), completely ignoring gaming Capabilities.

If you're lucky, some Ryzen 6600U models will rise in your pricerange, that Radeon 660m and 680m are really great iGPUs

10 minutes ago, CallumOKane said:

Don't trust that place to be honest, and want something unused

Well good luck finding something that runs Any modern game for that price.