Jump to content

Ryzen 5600x RTX 3070 Clean RGB Build and Setup

My current build, setup, and child
Started out as a Ryzen 3 3100 and 1650 super then gradually was upgraded to where it is now.

Specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
ASRock B550M PRO4
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8 3200MT/s CL16
GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 3070 MASTER
Phanteks Eclipse P360A
Seasonic FOCUS GX-850 850W Gold
2 x Western Digital WD BLACK SN750 1TB
Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML280 Mirror
3 x Cooler Master SickleFlow 120
2 x Cooler Master SickleFlow 140
Windows 10 Pro

Setup:
GIGABYTE M27Q
ASUS VP249QGR
Custom KBDFans 65% Keyboard
Razer Strider XXL
Logitech G Pro X Headset
Logitech G Pro X Superlight
Logitech Z623

Ram overclocked to 3334 MT/s
CPU overclocked and undervolted to 4.75 GHz at 1.325 Volts
GPU overclocked and undervolted to 2.05 GHz at 75% power limit (200 Watts)
GPU has a custom fan curve to minimize noise and sits at 0 fan speed when idle
 

Good value, just dont spend too much on the GPU like me... $860 still hurts.

IMG_1331.jpg

IMG_1332.jpg

IMG_1333.jpg

IMG_1334.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

i dunno but something about this build just doesnt seem that clean, could just be my bias towards horrific rgb puke, you sure you want that much contrast between the colours? seems quite uncomfortable to look at it atleast for me but aesthetics is pretty damn subjective

 

1 hour ago, I.amVulcan said:

Ram overclocked to 3334 MT/s
CPU overclocked and undervolted to 4.75 GHz at 1.325 Volts
GPU overclocked and undervolted to 2.05 GHz at 75% power limit (200 Watts)
GPU has a custom fan curve to minimize noise and sits at 0 fan speed when idle

is the cpu on a static oc or a dynamic one? I think if you use pbo but the cpu anticipates more volt under load itll start clock streching aka making performance abysmal, you may wanna check hwinfo for the effective clockspeed. 4.75g is pretty much tops for these ryzens so im surprised you only need 1.325v

 

also ram is likely to go higher, check thaiphoon burner for ic and hope its semi decent djr or something and not abysmal cdie/mfr/afr. Guideline for volt is 1.5v (usually the max you can run without a fan over the rams), max volt varies per ic so its not a one volt fits all kind of thing, good ics like djr, microns, samsung bdie dont degrade with volt while others like garbage samsung cdie degrade with volt even <1.5v but those dont scale anyways

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

is the cpu on a static oc or a dynamic one? I think if you use pbo but the cpu anticipates more volt under load itll start clock streching aka making performance abysmal, you may wanna check hwinfo for the effective clockspeed. 4.75g is pretty much tops for these ryzens so im surprised you only need 1.325v

 

also ram is likely to go higher, check thaiphoon burner for ic and hope its semi decent djr or something and not abysmal cdie/mfr/afr. Guideline for volt is 1.5v (usually the max you can run without a fan over the rams), max volt varies per ic so its not a one volt fits all kind of thing, good ics like djr, microns, samsung bdie dont degrade with volt while others like garbage samsung cdie degrade with volt even <1.5v but those dont scale anyways

CPU is on a static oc. I've tried both real world (gaming) and sythetic (mainly cinebench) tests and PBO performs worse in both cases. I've looked at the difference between more voltage and my current voltage and all results are within general margin of error of each other while more voltage produces more heat.

The ram (g.skill F4-3200C16D-16GTZR) I followed a few guides and was using I believe aida64's ram latency test to look at both write and read speeds and first word latency. I only spent about 30 minutes on the overclock and I was able to get a slight bump in performance on both write and read speeds and first word latency. I honestly could not tell you by memory the timings that I ended up with but I believe it is something like 3334 at 16-18-18-36 as opposed to the original 3200 at 16-18-18-38. I do not believe I touched the voltage as every time I attempted to change it the system would no longer boot and I had to clear CMOS to remove my changes. When I was researching my ic I think it was one of the worst ones for overclocking so I did not attempt to push any harder once I had stable settings. I'm no hardcore overclocker I just like tinkering lol.

And my gpu I am mainly looking to have lower temps and noise while maintaining most of the performance and the oc helps to boost it towards factory. Of course if I just gave it another 10% power it would be closer to factory performance than it is now, but the fans make a higher pitched and louder noise and it bugs me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, I.amVulcan said:

CPU is on a static oc. I've tried both real world (gaming) and sythetic (mainly cinebench) tests and PBO performs worse in both cases. I've looked at the difference between more voltage and my current voltage and all results are within general margin of error of each other while more voltage produces more heat.

The ram (g.skill F4-3200C16D-16GTZR) I followed a few guides and was using I believe aida64's ram latency test to look at both write and read speeds and first word latency. I only spent about 30 minutes on the overclock and I was able to get a slight bump in performance on both write and read speeds and first word latency. I honestly could not tell you by memory the timings that I ended up with but I believe it is something like 3334 at 16-18-18-36 as opposed to the original 3200 at 16-18-18-38. I do not believe I touched the voltage as every time I attempted to change it the system would no longer boot and I had to clear CMOS to remove my changes. When I was researching my ic I think it was one of the worst ones for overclocking so I did not attempt to push any harder once I had stable settings. I'm no hardcore overclocker I just like tinkering lol.

And my gpu I am mainly looking to have lower temps and noise while maintaining most of the performance and the oc helps to boost it towards factory. Of course if I just gave it another 10% power it would be closer to factory performance than it is now, but the fans make a higher pitched and louder noise and it bugs me.

Cpu seems to be a pretty good sample, usually this freq would need i think closer to 1.4v

 

And what ram ic? Thaiphoon burner screenshot can help identify it, i assume you are talking about mfr cause that pos ic can at best do barely 3466

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

And what ram ic? Thaiphoon burner screenshot can help identify it, i assume you are talking about mfr cause that pos ic can at best do barely 3466

Thaiphoon burner gives... incomplete and strange results and does not specify the die type. However according to this reddit post it can have Hynix A-Die or some Samsung non B-die and Thaiphoon burner says its the Samsung one

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Likely garbage c die

Try running b die settings like 3200 14-16-16 1.45v (aka ripping off 3200 cl14 bdie bin) and see if that works, if not then its garbage c die and best you can get is 3600 cl18/16

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Likely garbage c die

Try running b die settings like 3200 14-16-16 1.45v (aka ripping off 3200 cl14 bdie bin) and see if that works, if not then its garbage c die and best you can get is 3600 cl18/16

Yeah ill try that once I get enough time. It will certainly be interesting to test. I will try to remember to report back my findings later.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×