Jump to content

I need help deciding on a motherboard for my build :)

Here is my build so far: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/qzdjRv

 

I need to decide on a motherboard, here are the 2 contenders right now:

(1) Asus B660: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/32NxFT/asus-prime-b660-plus-d4-atx-lga1700-motherboard-prime-b660-plus-d4

(2) Asus B660M: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/yZPQzy/asus-prime-b660m-a-d4-micro-atx-lga1700-motherboard-prime-b660m-a-d4

 

I don't need to overclock, I need a few RGB headers for my case.

Which one is better out of these 2 MOBOs, and is it a good motherboard overall, and why?

I would love to see multiple different perspectives 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

They're pretty much the same board with the only thing being size difference, of course the matx will have slighly less connections so It mostly depends if you like the look of it.

It's an okay board, (I think you're going for a white theme?) So I'd get the b660 steel legend instead for 10 bucks more 

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/jRhFf7/asrock-b660-steel-legend-atx-lga1700-motherboard-b660-steel-legend

If not, I'd go for a msi pro b660 instead

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

This site is trash for budgeting a build. The 12600K price is way inaccurate. "359$" New Egg has them at 279$ for the K and the KF is 259$

 

Also, I want to suggest building a ddr5 platform if you want to compete with Ryzen 7000 and upgrade to 13th Gen.

 

My silly opinion of course. DDR5 isn't exactly cheap unless you can get by with a 2x8gb kit which is the route I went with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Guest 5150 said:

This site is trash for budgeting a build. The 12600K price is way inaccurate. "359$" New Egg has them at 279$ for the K and the KF is 259$

It's canada?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Ryuikko said:

It's canada?

Oh, I see it IS Canada!! That explains the pricing. Thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Ryuikko said:

They're pretty much the same board with the only thing being size difference, of course the matx will have slighly less connections so It mostly depends if you like the look of it.

It's an okay board, (I think you're going for a white theme?) So I'd get the b660 steel legend instead for 10 bucks more 

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/jRhFf7/asrock-b660-steel-legend-atx-lga1700-motherboard-b660-steel-legend

If not, I'd go for a msi pro b660 instead

Doesn't the mATX one have more USB headers and more PCIe x16 Slots? Also I heard that Asrock boards aren't very good. It's more of a white / black theme, too lazy to get all parts in the same colour 😂. The reason I was going to go with an Asus board was because it has a bunch of RGB headers and has AuraSync for my RAM and case fans :).

Thanks you! I'm gonna look into the MSI one as well

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Guest 5150 said:

This site is trash for budgeting a build. The 12600K price is way inaccurate. "359$" New Egg has them at 279$ for the K and the KF is 259$

 

Also, I want to suggest building a ddr5 platform if you want to compete with Ryzen 7000 and upgrade to 13th Gen.

 

My silly opinion of course. DDR5 isn't exactly cheap unless you can get by with a 2x8gb kit which is the route I went with.

I'm not stupid enough to be building this right now. I'm waiting for 13th gen and 40 series to come for price drops, as well as specific deals at the end of this year. No thanks... DDR5 is not something ima be getting anytime soon.

I would have appreciated you actually answering my question instead of ranting about PCpartpicker...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, InertiaX said:

I'm not stupid enough to be building this right now. I'm waiting for 13th gen and 40 series to come for price drops, as well as specific deals at the end of this year. No thanks... DDR5 is not something ima be getting anytime soon.

I would have appreciated you actually answering my question instead of ranting about PCpartpicker...

Yes, I'm sorry. I'm a human and already recognized that it was Canada PC part picker related and I didn't realize that until someone said something.

 

So again my apologies.

 

Everyone doesn't want DDr5, but they don't understand why, just whine about prices. 

 

Since DDR4 is at end of life, 13th Gen will have a 20% uplift in performance using DDR5 over DDR4.

 

Educate yourself WHY you want to stick with DDR4, then appreciate your own choices later 😉 

 

https://www.game-debate.com/news/31871/intel-13th-gen-cpus-could-get-a-20-performance-boost-using-ddr5-ram

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, InertiaX said:

Doesn't the mATX one have more USB headers and more PCIe x16 Slots?

Mhm matx boards have less internal connections then atx boards 

Asrock is basically a roulette on if their boards are good or not. Their steel legend and taichi boards are great for their prices though 

Afaik aura sync is software correct? So as long as the mobo recognizes it's connected go fans it (should?) Appear in its software 

The msi board is probably the best one if you aren't going for a specific theme

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×