New build not posting with a cpu, but does with another.

alex4138

I made a new pc for a cousin and gave him a 2200G that i had in my pc for a short time. It does not post, does not even get to bios. I tried with another R3 1200 and it works, and installed windows. Mobo is B450-DS3H, It came installed with a very recent bios. No bios version or reset, including the first one and others, including the most recent (F1, F30 to F32, F63) helps. My mobo is the same as his and it worked in mine. Both cpus are intact, no bent or dirty pins. The 2200g worked well in my pc and i took it out for an upgrade, not because it had issues. 

How recent of bios? If it has a bios that's high enough to support 5000 series processors, the 2200G support may have been cut from agesa code. Which means you could flash to an earlier revision to support the 2200g.

That is all I can think of at this time.

Removal of support for certain older devices and processors to allow support for newer devices and processors was quite common on older boards due to space constraints in the BIOS chips. It's possible the 1200 is no longer supported in the newer BIOS. It may not even be the CPU that's the problem, maybe it has an M.2 that isn't supported with the newer BIOS?

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

Surely they would remove support for the older processor before the newer one if they were short on space for the bios? 1200 works but 2200g doesn't. Also he tried older bios. 

Have you re-tested the 2200g in your board to rule out a damaged in transit cpu? Are there any error leds or a speaker on that board giving and codes/beeps? 

CPU - Ryzen 7 5800x3D |  GPU - RTX 3080 TUF OC | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570 | RAM - Patriot Viper Blackout 32GB 3200MHz | Case - InWin 805 | Boot Drive - Corsair MP600 PCIe 4.0  Storage - 2 x 1TB SSD's & 1 500GB SSD | PSU - Seasonic Focus Gold 1000w | Display - ASUS TUF VG27WQ Curved 1440P 165Hz | Cooling - ASUS TUF LC240 AIO + 5 aRGB Fans

The latest AGESA supports all ryzen chips. Update the BIOS to the latest version with the working CPU and leave it there.

If it doesnt work, it could simply be a broken CPU, to confirm you'd need to try it in another motherboard.