Here's a thought

noob enthusiast

So I was watching the gigabyte project stealth video and Linus was talking about how getting all the motherboard manufacturers to put all the connections in a standard place was not ever going to happen... Well what if it didn't need to happen and they just started shipping motherboards with a backplate that mounts to cases that have just a hole cutout where the motherboard goes? Or even possibly just do more of a square set of mounting brackets instead of the solid metal approach? I think in either scenario you could always hide the wires. It would be a game changer because that would cause gpu manufacturers to start manufacturing cards that adopt the same principle! Again this is just a thought, I'm no engineer and I'm quite uneducated when it comes to electronics. So let me know what you think! 

1 minute ago, Caroline said:

Or case manufacturers could make cases out of solid metal then you wouldn't be able to see the cables inside. It'd also improve temps so it's a win/win situation.

But my RGB!!!

1 hour ago, noob enthusiast said:

So I was watching the gigabyte project stealth video and Linus was talking about how getting all the motherboard manufacturers to put all the connections in a standard place was not ever going to happen... Well what if it didn't need to happen and they just started shipping motherboards with a backplate that mounts to cases that have just a hole cutout where the motherboard goes? Or even possibly just do more of a square set of mounting brackets instead of the solid metal approach? I think in either scenario you could always hide the wires. It would be a game changer because that would cause gpu manufacturers to start manufacturing cards that adopt the same principle! Again this is just a thought, I'm no engineer and I'm quite uneducated when it comes to electronics. So let me know what you think! 

Don't hold your breath.
Even a 90 degree 24 pin ATX terminal can only be found on a tiny amount of motherboard at this day and age.
And each mb in that tiny pool costs a ton.

Project stealth requires special kind of case.
Your idea also most likely requires special kind of case.
Unless case manufacturer are okay with changing the standard, and don't put a hefty price tag because of it. Most likely it won't happen.

GPU manufacturer could always move the PCIe terminal to other location, let's say, ionno, the front of the card towards the front fan.
Then wires doesn't have to be hanging below or above the card's fans.
I'm not a pro in schematics but I don't see why they can't.

EVGA at some point made an adapter to move the PCIe terminal of their card toward the front fan. But yeah it's only for up to 2080ti, doubt they'll make a new model of it.
https://www.evga.com/articles/archive/01051/evga-powerlink/default.asp

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

1 hour ago, Poinkachu said:

Don't hold your breath.
Even a 90 degree 24 pin ATX terminal can only be found on a tiny amount of motherboard at this day and age.
And each mb in that tiny pool costs a ton.

Project stealth requires special kind of case.
Your idea also most likely requires special kind of case.
Unless case manufacturer are okay with changing the standard, and don't put a hefty price tag because of it. Most likely it won't happen.

GPU manufacturer could always move the PCIe terminal to other location, let's say, ionno, the front of the card towards the front fan.
Then wires doesn't have to be hanging below or above the card's fans.
I'm not a pro in schematics but I don't see why they can't.

EVGA at some point made an adapter to move the PCIe terminal of their card toward the front fan. But yeah it's only for up to 2080ti, doubt they'll make a new model of it.
https://www.evga.com/articles/archive/01051/evga-powerlink/default.asp

there were some gpus that had the connectors on the front but there rare.  even some wb also have connections on the front.

2 hours ago, noob enthusiast said:

hmm i dont fully under stand what you mean? alot of case have a cpu cut out? older cases didn't?

back in the moding days i put a whole behind the mb and run my power and rest throw it.

001.jpg

1229604007_Picture171.jpg

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

3 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

there were some gpus that had the connectors on the front but there rare.  even some wb also have connections on the front.

hmm i dont fully under stand what you mean? alot of case have a cpu cut out? older cases didn't?

back in the moding days i put a whole behind the mb and run my power and rest throw it.

Spoiler

001.jpg

1229604007_Picture171.jpg

Oh wow an Antec 1200, haven't seen one of those in a long time.. I loved my 900 & 902, they were great cases for airflow.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

24 minutes ago, Virus__ said:

Oh wow an Antec 1200, haven't seen one of those in a long time.. I loved my 900 & 902, they were great cases for airflow.

ya its a good case thicc steel... i got a wood saw bit to drill a hole for the grommets and it just kill the teeth...so i have to dermal it.  then i thought there was not enough air cause i added an 120mm on the bottom.... i cut switched in to the back for the leds on/off instead of the pci mount. added the led feet. i still own the case tried selling it but no buyers so i might do more mods to it some day... probably do the full window mod, cut the side out of the 5.25 bay and well add rgb of cores... always wanted the haf x 932 thow still have not got one... but i did get an obsidian 850...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

By the time component makers standardize to this level desktop PC's will no longer be a viable business for many of them.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.