[UNSOLVED] RTX 3070 flickering

Hi everybody,

sorry if it's a dumb question. I just got an RTX 3070 on my old PC (4770k, 8GB of RAM, AX860I PSU) connected to my Sony XR55A80J with an Amazon Basics HDMI 2.1 cable to its eARC HDMI port.

I enabled VRR on HDMI signal type on TV, I enabled it in Nvidia control panel and in Win10 settings. I also put 4k resolution. If I choose 120Hz the TV doesn't show anything, so it's on 60Hz. The problemi is this:

1-C4121-E8-9-A64-433-E-8-F01-B864686-B63

After a while the PC started to act like this, no games was running and nothing on the screen was shown correctly and I had to restart it.

The image was taken one hour later from the video with a similar problem.

Is is a issue with the graphics card? I changed the HDMI cable, and this happens randomly.

The TV behaves correctly with an Xbox Series X.

Thank you

you shouldn't be maximizing a game window like that.  Simply click on the window once and hold ALT and press Enter/Return 

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

36 minutes ago, SimplyChunk said:

you shouldn't be maximizing a game window like that.  Simply click on the window once and hold ALT and press Enter/Return 

Thanks but there are no game windows, that Red Dead Redemption window is just a screenshot image opened with the windows default photo app.

1 hour ago, silentheaven83 said:

Thanks but there are no game windows, that Red Dead Redemption window is just a screenshot image opened with the windows default photo app.

the FIRST THING you do in that video is hit the maximize button??

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

8 hours ago, SimplyChunk said:

the FIRST THING you do in that video is hit the maximize button??

In that video I was showing that I couldn't see any desktop or window, no game was running, just Firefox and few explorer windows of which I could see only the borders, and the screen was continuosly flickering, hence the problem I'm trying to show.

I tried to maximize that "window" just to see what could happen.

The image I posted was taken one hour later from the video and a reboot, to show the same problem, screen flickering and Windows acting strangely, and even there no game was running.