RX 6600 low gpu usage. Help!!

Hey guys,

I got an RX 6600. upgraded from gtx 1660, hoping to get a bit more fps in my games.

But after installing the card, I immediately noticed stutters. When I checked the gpu usage, I saw it hovering around 70-80% and sometimes dropping below 50 (as low as 0%). I checked a lot of benchmark videos and PCs with slower CPUs have higher fps/scores. I am running an R5 3600 without overclock, but SAM enabled.

Some games are using a lot more CPU than they should (also seen from those videos). I used to get stable 60 fps on high settings in most games (rarely dropped to 50s) using the gtx 1660. but now I feel like I downgraded my gpu since I am getting lower fps in the same settings. However, I noticed that I do get normal gpu usage in rare cases and I get normal fps at that time. Often right after booting in to windows. But most of the time, it's bad. I'm going crazy here. I can't find a single solution. The only "fix" is to remove cpu bottleneck, but I don't see why my pc would be a special case specially considering I used to get better performance from a gpu that should be slower. 

My temps are fine; below 80C. Power usage fluctuates with gpu usage. 

I tried these:

1. DDU all gpu drivers

2. delete cache

3. Uninstalling afterburners

Specs:

R5 3600

Rx 6600

16gb 2666mhx DDR4 

Windows 11 

What board do you have?  Could be running at 3.0 gen PCIe.  I think it was only the 5xx boards that had pcie 4.0

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

10 minutes ago, SimplyChunk said:

What board do you have?  Could be running at 3.0 gen PCIe.  I think it was only the 5xx boards that had pcie 4.0

Yes. It's running at pcie 3 8x but I don't get why I would get lower fps than those youtube videos with the same specs. 

21 minutes ago, SimplyChunk said:

Gen3 x8 would not limit an RX6600 in any way.

27 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Gen3 x8 would not limit an RX6600 in any way.

Ik. Any idea what might have caused this? or how to fix