Trying to set up Xbox gamepass for PC family

Meowth LVL255

I'm logged in to a windows 11 laptop and a w11 desktop. My friend is logged into the laptop as well. We've gotten game share to work if he uses the Xbox, but not the PC. What we're trying to achieve here is while I play a game on my desktop, my friend can play on my laptop on his account so we can co-op. We followed instructions to add him to my ms account as a family member and he's still not able to access the games. It's there a windows 11 extra step or does this whole thing not work anymore? I can only find topics and articles for windows 10 and they're old.

i tried to get my brother access to my gamepass too, what i did is download it on my account, then started it on hes account. all though this was a little long of a time ago so i am unsure if this will still work for you.

2 hours ago, SadD0G said:

i tried to get my brother access to my gamepass too, what i did is download it on my account, then started it on hes account. all though this was a little long of a time ago so i am unsure if this will still work for you.

I've been trying to do that and it's not working. I've followed several articles steps. There's a problem.

9 hours ago, Meowth LVL255 said:

I've been trying to do that and it's not working. I've followed several articles steps. There's a problem.

i am preety sure if its not a family plan gamepass (not sure if its even out) you cannot share it 

5 hours ago, SadD0G said:

i am preety sure if its not a family plan gamepass (not sure if its even out) you cannot share it 

I can share it because I can play on PC and my friend on Xbox at the same time and co-op the same game. What wouldn't I be able to do that on PC?