Error code 28 on network controller/WI-FI connection problem

wardy

HI

I usually use a ethernet connection on my pc using a TP link extender to connect to the internet. Today the extender died. I tried connecting to WI-FI by connecting up an aerial, but didn't have the option to turn WI-FI on. I've checked over my drivers and found an error code 28 on the network controller, tried rebooting, installing the drivers for my B550 motherboard, checked for windows updates and installing driver updaters but so far nothing has worked. I've also tried a USB type WI-FI aerial and that was able to connect once it installed its driver but gave me no internet access (I believe this is something different). The only driver for internet access is Realtek 2.5 G.b family controller, a blue tooth device and a load of WAN drivers in network adaptors. Is this error code 28 on my network controller leading me down a rabbit hole and all I need is the correct driver, a combination of both of them or something else entirely??? The aerial that I'm trying to use is the standard a Aorus one that came in the motherboard box.