Every game freezes on start

Vastery

(My friends problem) It all started a few days ago when electricity went out and came back, after turning on the pc i realized that any game i try to turn on would freeze at the start (i could still hear the music from the game like it was working). After that I would have to open task manager and end the game. I've tried everything from messing with the amd drivers to reinstalling windows but it still wouldn't work. Then i switched to my integrated gpu and for some reason everything worked.

I have no idea what's the problem, this wan not the first time the electricity went out , it happened milion times. The weirdest thing is that I can use everything exept play games on my gpu. 

Any idea on how to fix this?

Specs:

i5-4590

8gb 1666mhz DDR3

R7 250 1gb

Asus H81M-(idk if its D,K or C)

HDD 500gb

Kingston SSD 250gb

EDIT: Just launched cs go and it started, playd 3 minuts and froze again.

44 minutes ago, Vastery said:

(My friends problem) It all started a few days ago when electricity went out and came back, after turning on the pc i realized that any game i try to turn on would freeze at the start (i could still hear the music from the game like it was working). After that I would have to open task manager and end the game. I've tried everything from messing with the amd drivers to reinstalling windows but it still wouldn't work. Then i switched to my integrated gpu and for some reason everything worked.

I have no idea what's the problem, this wan not the first time the electricity went out , it happened milion times. The weirdest thing is that I can use everything exept play games on my gpu. 

Any idea on how to fix this?

Specs:

i5-4590

8gb 1666mhz DDR3

R7 250 1gb

Asus H81M-(idk if its D,K or C)

HDD 500gb

Kingston SSD 250gb

EDIT: Just launched cs go and it started, playd 3 minuts and froze again.

2 sticks of 4gb ddr3?  Crash after boot is often memory.  Running a couple full rounds of memtest86 might find something.  It’s more likely not to, but it’s one of those things that should be done in these situations

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

6 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

2 sticks of 4gb ddr3?  Crash after boot is often memory.  Running a couple full rounds of memtest86 might find something.  It’s more likely not to, but it’s one of those things that should be done in these situations

Yeah, but why would it work on integrated graphics?

2 hours ago, Vastery said:

Yeah, but why would it work on integrated graphics?

You mean the system works fine when the dGPU is not used? That puts the video card in the crosshairs. In that case the next step of possible would be to see if a known good dgpu would also work fine. 

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.