Help my pc keep killing my NVME Drive ( 4 Till now )

I will start with the spec of my PC ( 3 Years Ago ) :

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960X

Asus ROG ZENITH II EXTREME

Asus GeForce RTX 2080 TI 

Asus ROG RYUJIN 360 --> Changed after 6 month to NH-U14S TR4-SP3

Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut 

3x Corsiar MP600 1 Tb NVME

G.Skill DDR4 Trident-Z 4x16GB 3600Mhz RGB F4-3600C16Q-64GTZN

Asus ROG-THOR-1200P PSU

Windows 10 PRo

after like less than 1 week it start to get problem with one of the nvme low read speed then not getting discoverd after booting then stoped working at all so RMA get new one 3 month later other one stop getting recognised after a windows bluescreen so RMA get new one and same happen with the 3rd one after just nowmal use all my drive have never reached TBW more than 10 TB.

i only use this pc when i am at my home office and that is every 2-3 week for 5-6 hour max.

and today same happen again nvme can't read of write on it so need to be RMA .

Any advise about what to do i am getting crazy from this probleem.

7 minutes ago, RemiZagh said:

I will start with the spec of my PC ( 3 Years Ago ) :

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960X

Asus ROG ZENITH II EXTREME

Asus GeForce RTX 2080 TI 

Asus ROG RYUJIN 360 --> Changed after 6 month to NH-U14S TR4-SP3

Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut 

3x Corsiar MP600 1 Tb NVME

G.Skill DDR4 Trident-Z 4x16GB 3600Mhz RGB F4-3600C16Q-64GTZN

Asus ROG-THOR-1200P PSU

Windows 10 PRo

after like less than 1 week it start to get problem with one of the nvme low read speed then not getting discoverd after booting then stoped working at all so RMA get new one 3 month later other one stop getting recognised after a windows bluescreen so RMA get new one and same happen with the 3rd one after just nowmal use all my drive have never reached TBW more than 10 TB.

i only use this pc when i am at my home office and that is every 2-3 week for 5-6 hour max.

and today same happen again nvme can't read of write on it so need to be RMA .

Any advise about what to do i am getting crazy from this probleem.

Maybe try a different drive?

😳
Not that active so I may not respond.

i orderd 2 Samsung 980 Pro , i hope that will fix it but why ???

i forgot to mention that i have sent the motherboard back to asus to check if there is a problem with it and it came back  as they could find any problem in it.

Do you save a lot of files that you delete later? Lots of people don't realize that SSDs are not meant to be used for data with a short shelf life. Which is to say, write only your apps and files you don't plan to delete -- EVER. Anything you'll be deleting at some point, use a hard drive for secondary storage. SSDs have only so many write cycles before the chips become unstable and cannot be written to further. Also, if this drive is PCIe4 and it incurs a sustain heavy write cycle (like installing Windows and all your apps at once), it could be overheating and shortening its life.

If you tend to create a lot of short-term files that are deleted (which means that space is overwritten, aka written to again), that could be a lot of your problem. Still, they should last longer than a week. I've heard a bit about Corsair's SSDs and M.2s and so far I'm not impressed. I would recommend the WD Blue SN550 or SN570. Black SN770 if you really feel the need for speed, but it's not really necessary. I run an SN570 with my 5900X and it performs quite well.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

Not really i use the pc for light gaming at the moment , i didn't delete any file of any heavy use but mostly they die after a blue screen of sudden power loss due to windows crash )

21 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

Which is to say, write only your apps and files you don't plan to delete -- EVER. Anything you'll be deleting at some point, use a hard drive for secondary storage. SSDs have only so many write cycles before the chips become unstable and cannot be written to further.

That's ridiculous advice, unless in very special cases or the cheapest low-endurance SSDs the endurance of an SSD will way outlast any reasonable use and the drive is more likely to fail from other causes.

An MP600 is rated for being able to have 3.6 PB written to it, good luck doing that.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

9 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

That's ridiculous advice, unless in very special cases or the cheapest low-endurance SSDs the endurance of an SSD will way outlast any reasonable use and the drive is more likely to fail from other causes.

An MP600 is rated for being able to have 3.6 PB written to it, good luck doing that.

At what temperatures though? Most PCIe4s have been shown to hit 90C-100C during sustained write cycles. Regardless of rating, the less of an SSD is deleted and overwritten, the better. I've been hearing quite a bit about Corsair SSD failures. What something is rated for and what it actually manages to do can be very different. OP's not lasting a week really does not surprise me. And if four in a row have died and one didn't last a week, what they're rated for is irrelevant.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

i did some digging and i see that most PCi4 gen have same problem if they get power loss while writing then they get bricked

Just now, RemiZagh said:

i did some digging and i see that most PCi4 gen have same problem if they get power loss while writing then they get bricked

This is why I run a battery backup. Well worth it.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

i use UPS all the time ( PC crash and get restart that wat i mean by power loss )

any susgestion for a good PCI gen 4 that can go agiant windows blue screen

56 minutes ago, RemiZagh said:

temp was never higher than 50-60 degree

CPU temp, or drive temp? Two different things.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

Drive Temp , Cpu 40-45 Idle and 80-85 under load