My PCs problem

lbxplaycatYT

My computer has had this problem since I upgraded my hardware and before when I got the computer I plug in my eithernet port and I keep seeing this I hate it I'm good with some stuff but this is out of my area 😅

IMG_20220811_201738.jpg

IMG_20220811_201658.jpg

Try installing the realtek ethernet driver

PC Specifications: Intel i9-14900KF, 5.9GHz all core locked, 5GHz ring, 1.45v Medium LLC, E-cores and HT disabled | MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 + Thermal Grizzly contact frame | 2x16 G.Skill Trident Z5 7400MHz 34-44-44-34 1T 1.45v (Tuned Subtimings, Hynix A-Die) | Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX | Windows 10 Home 64-Bit EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 T2 Phanteks P400A (Black non-rgb version, Phanteks T30 fans 3 intake (On AIO), 1 exhaust) | SK Hynix Platinum P41 2TB PCIE 4.0 (Boot drive), Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SATA

Displays: MSI MAG 271QPX 1440p 360Hz 27" QD-OLED | LG UltraGear 27GP950-B, 4K 144Hz (@120hz) 27" IPS

Desktop Audio: STAX SR-007 MK2 Electrostatic Headphones | STAX SRM-400S Amp | Schiit Bifrost 2/64 (NOS mode, USB in, XLR out)

Mobile Audio: Sennheiser IE 900 IEMs using included 4.4mm cable | FiiO KA13 "Desktop mode" Disabled

Peripherals: Razer Huntsman V2 Full size wired with linear optical switch | Logitech G502 Hero

What motherboard are you using? You can get Ethernet drivers from the webpage 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Specs would help a lot. Is OP connected to a LAN or a wifi router EtherNet? Or do they have wifi built into the motherboard? All these questions are more should be clarified.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

1 hour ago, rippy4500 said:

Try installing the realtek ethernet driver

Already did that

52 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

Specs would help a lot. Is OP connected to a LAN or a wifi router EtherNet? Or do they have wifi built into the motherboard? All these questions are more should be clarified.

Ok i5 2400 CPU  8 gb ddr3 r7 240

It's in a Dell 390 motherboard it's connected from my wifi roughter to my eithernet switch built into my motherboard and when I do ipconfig these no default gateway and I don't have a ip

1 hour ago, Fasauceome said:

What motherboard are you using? You can get Ethernet drivers from the webpage 

It's a Dell 390 with a i5 2400 and r7 240 and this PC was only a windows 7 PC it doesn't show 10 on the webpage 

Just now, lbxplaycatYT said:

It's a Dell 390 with a i5 2400 and r7 240 and this PC was only a windows 7 PC it doesn't show 10 on the webpage 

Windows 7 64bit drivers often work just fine in windows 10. Otherwise open device manager and check drivers for your Ethernet adapter there.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, lbxplaycatYT said:

Just because it came with Win7 doesn't mean it can't run 10. And that might help a bit if that's an option here.

That being said, that's kind of an old machine -- Is this a brand-new router? If so, I wonder if maybe it uses cable that your older machine can't cypher, or perhaps your machine is using an older cable through which the router can't communicate?

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

2 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

That's kind of an old machine -- Is this a brand-new router? If so, I wonder if maybe it uses cable that your older machine can't cypher, or perhaps your machine is using an older cable through which the router can't communicate?

No I got a cat6 e cable man lol

And I'm running windows 10 now 

But can the Ethernet NIC communicate through that, is the question. I'm no expert on networks and cabling, but I do know that Cat5, Cat6, etc. are somehow different, and that difference exists for a reason.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Windows 7 64bit drivers often work just fine in windows 10. Otherwise open device manager and check drivers for your Ethernet adapter there.

Already reinstalled And it's still not working it says I don't have an IP or default gateway on my pc

Already reinstalled And it's still not working it says I don't have an IP or default gateway on my pc

What are your IP settings for the Ethernet adapter?

Primary PC:

Just now, An0maly_76 said:

But can the Ethernet NIC communicate through that, is the question. I'm no expert on networks and cabling, but I do know that Cat5, Cat6, etc. are somehow different, and that difference exists for a reason.

It don't matter what cable you get 6 is faster 1 gig but the port is only gonna use what it can I've had this problem with more recent ones to

Just now, Fasauceome said:

What are your IP settings for the Ethernet adapter?

Auto

1 minute ago, lbxplaycatYT said:

Auto

Is this desktop the only machine on your network that has this problem with Ethernet?

Primary PC:

I had a i7 3770 quad core with the r7 240 and 12 gb of ram and it was working and I can't go back some how my socket pins are bent and ya I'm not that good at bending pins my old and CPU found out the hard way

But I also had a i3 2140 or sum like that with my r7 240 and 12 gb of ram on another PC and it didn't work but my PC that I had that had a core 2 duo and 3 gb of ram is capable of useing my eithernet cord but my way better PC can't that don't add up

4 minutes ago, lbxplaycatYT said:

Auto

Have you run the troubleshooter on the Ethernet adapter yet?

Primary PC:

Just now, Fasauceome said:

Have you run the troubleshooter on the Ethernet adapter yet?

Yes had to run it real quick to get a pic sorry 

16602733672662505923853722772265.jpg

1660273424857923316297530606294.jpg

Those green blobs and nothing behind it is my default gateway line

16602735025527924501345137948549.jpg

Man YouTube has me flushing my DNS and stuff nesth command and stuff idk

18 minutes ago, lbxplaycatYT said:

Man YouTube has me flushing my DNS and stuff nesth command and stuff idk

I am guessing you already powered off modem/router and powered back on?

Primary PC: