Help! Building a new PC after 10 years. Will keep current GPU, power supply and case. (will upgrade power supply and GPU next year)

Budget (including currency): around 450 USD$

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Only for gaming and internet browsing. Would like to play new triple A at a mid/high resolution at steady 60 fps rate AFTER the GPU swap. Would be nice if i could have 2 monitors at 1080p. My current monitor resolution is 1920x1020.

Other details

This year most of my PC parts will turn 10 years old and everything is starting to fail, so is time for a new build. My currant PC has an i5-3550, 1050ti, 16 Gigs of some old and generic ddr3 ram and a 1.4 TB HD on it's deathbed.

This is what i have planned for the new build:

• Intel Core i5-12400F 2.5 GHz 6-Core Processor

• Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition 42 CFM CPU Cooler

• Gigabyte B660M DS3H DDR4

• Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive

• 2x Corsair Vengeance LPX 8 GB 3200mhz (will upgrade later with more sticks)

• MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB Video Card (my old card, will sell it in the next year for a upgrade. 3060 probably)

• Aerocool Strike-X One ATX Mid Tower Case (old case)

• EVGA 500B 500 W 80+ white (old power supply)

My budget is around 450 US$ for the new parts. The PC is for gaming and i would like to play the newer games at a steady 60+ fps at 1080-1440 after the GPU upgrade next year. i would like the PC to hold up for another 4ish years without a lot of performance issues.

This parts are the better options for my budget? Will i have some serious bottleneck problems after the GPU upgrade?

All ideas, comments and thoughts are highly appreciated.

Edited by Guiar
Put the wrong power supply.

Honestly looks like a pretty decent upgrade, some notes though

The hyper 212 is a fine cooler, it's just usually overpriced for what it's worth. If your able to list a site your buying from, there might be better options for cheaper

The d3sh isn't a bad board either, but it's usually priced similarly to other better boards like the b660 steel legend or msi pro b660

I'd preferably like to see 16gb of ram since it usually isn't that much more 

Another option would be 5600 plus b550 since their boards are usually cheaper and you would lose only a bit of perfromance from the switch so I'd go with whatevers cheaper

The CPU is good bang for buck. The cooler could be cheaper, see if you could find an ID-Cooling/Vetro/Arctic branded ones are quite good bang for buck, compared to Cooler Master.

The mobo is okay, VRM temps could get high depending on the case cooling.

SSD is way to expensive, a good value SSD is what you want for gaming or general tasks, like a Teamgroup MP33. You don't need top of the line SSD, the budget could be allocated elsewhere.

RAM is enough, don't need 32gb for gaming, 16gb is plenty for any resolution.

i5-12400 might not bottleneck next gen GPUs, at least depending on the game. Just for perspective, my i5-12400 coupled with an RX 6800 XT on 1440p, usage in CP2077 ranges between 60%-80% depending on the area, but in RDR 2 usage is on low 50%. (All ultra preset)

Not an expert, just bored at work. Please quote me or mention me if you would like me to see your reply. **may edit my posts a few times after posting**

CPU: Intel i5-12400

GPU: Asus TUF RX 6800 XT OC

Mobo: Asus Prime B660M-A D4 WIFI MSI PRO B760M-A WIFI DDR4

RAM: Team Delta TUF Alliance 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16

SSD: Team MP33 1TB

PSU: MSI MPG A850GF

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A

Cooler: ID-Cooling SE-234 ARGB

Pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wnxDfv
Displays: Samsung Odyssey G5 S32AG50 32" 1440p 165hz | AOC 27G2E 27" 1080p 144hz

Laptop: ROG Strix Scar III G531GU Intel i5-9300H GTX 1660Ti Mobile| OS: Windows 10 Home

11 minutes ago, Dukesilver27- said:

The CPU is good bang for buck. The cooler could be cheaper, see if you could find an ID-Cooling/Vetro/Arctic branded ones are quite good bang for buck, compared to Cooler Master.

The mobo is okay, VRM temps could get high depending on the case cooling.

SSD is way to expensive, a good value SSD is what you want for gaming or general tasks, like a Teamgroup MP33. You don't need top of the line SSD, the budget could be allocated elsewhere.

RAM is enough, don't need 32gb for gaming, 16gb is plenty for any resolution.

i5-12400 might not bottleneck next gen GPUs, at least depending on the game. Just for perspective, my i5-12400 coupled with an RX 6800 XT on 1440p, usage in CP2077 ranges between 60%-80% depending on the area, but in RDR 2 usage is on low 50%. (All ultra preset)

I will look into other cooling options.

My case is a bit old. I will be replacing 1 fan and adding another (3 fan total).

The only Teamgroup MP33 1T that i could find was not that much cheaper them the Samsung Evo 970 plus.

Thank you for the insight.

1 hour ago, Ryuikko said:

Honestly looks like a pretty decent upgrade, some notes though

The hyper 212 is a fine cooler, it's just usually overpriced for what it's worth. If your able to list a site your buying from, there might be better options for cheaper

The d3sh isn't a bad board either, but it's usually priced similarly to other better boards like the b660 steel legend or msi pro b660

I'd preferably like to see 16gb of ram since it usually isn't that much more 

Another option would be 5600 plus b550 since their boards are usually cheaper and you would lose only a bit of perfromance from the switch so I'd go with whatevers cheaper

I looked into the MOBO you talked about and it seems that the msi pro b660m-a is the best and cheaper option. But there is a chance that i need to update my bios for the CPU to work. Do you know if it's worth or if would be hard to update the bios in the worst case scenario? 

10 minutes ago, Guiar said:

looked into the MOBO you talked about and it seems that the msi pro b660m-a is the best and cheaper option. But there is a chance that i need to update my bios for the CPU to work. Do you know if it's worth or if would be hard to update the bios in the worst case scenario? 

I shouldn't need a bios update unless it's been sitting on the shelf for 2 years, chances are it'll be fine. If by some chance though, they're pretty easy to do so I wouldn't stress on it too much

2 minutes ago, Ryuikko said:

I shouldn't need a bios update unless it's been sitting on the shelf for 2 years, chances are it'll be fine. If by some chance though, they're pretty easy to do so I wouldn't stress on it too much

The motherboard has 0 reviews in the site that I'm buying it from. So there is a chance that is sitting on a shelf for 2 years lol. But i think is worth the risk/headache.

14 minutes ago, Guiar said:

So there is a chance that is sitting on a shelf for 2 years lol. But i think is worth the risk/headache.

Only annoying thing would be acquiring the cpu to do so if the board dosent have bios flash, but either if a shop is nice enough they can do it or you can buy the cpu then get a hopefully whole refund 

2 minutes ago, Ryuikko said:

Only annoying thing would be acquiring the cpu to do so if the board dosent have bios flash, but either if a shop is nice enough they can do it or you can buy the cpu then get a hopefully whole refund 

Just read the manual and the motherboard does not have Flash Button if the CPU is not compatible would be a big headache. And i dont trust the the shops near me to help me with this in the worst situation. i probably will go with b660m ds3h the just because of this. unlucky.