Need help, before I spend a lot of money.

My current PC Specs are

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz

Nvidia 2060 6GB 

16 GB Ram 2667Mhz

Now the point

It's in a very bad pre-built case with horrible air flow, and I want better performance for my hardware, Now I'm either considering keep the GPU and getting a better case, 64GB Ram, and get a whole new motherboard with a AMD Ryzen 5600X, with a Liquid Cooler. OR New Case, A Liquid Cooler, 64GB Memory, and Keep the CPU and Motherboard and GPU that I have now.

If I upgrade almost everything besides my GPU (First option) then I'm spending a lot of money, or second option I'm only upgrading some things, but big things at that.

Which Option would be better I'm willing and have the money to do so to do the first option but if I can save money or there won't be much difference I'd like to know

Ok so lets just get it started by saying what is the point of this upgrade, is there a specific reason or is it just to upgrade.

if its the first option you need to specify the reason so that its clear what youd use it for because 64gb is alot like alot of just an average joe.

4 hours ago, rowdyjosh02 said:

Ok so lets just get it started by saying what is the point of this upgrade, is there a specific reason or is it just to upgrade.

if its the first option you need to specify the reason so that its clear what youd use it for because 64gb is alot like alot of just an average joe.

So I play a Game called FiveM a multiplayer version of GTA 5, with a performance needing graphics mod. And also need to record it as well, currently without recording with Mid-range graphics settings, I get a average of 60-75 Frames, with my cpu at 90% usage, memory at almost 100% at times so I know whatever I do it's getting upgraded. and when I wanna record  40-50 Frames and the recording isn't  very good at 720P in OBS. 

5 minutes ago, Braiyden D said:

So I play a Game called FiveM a multiplayer version of GTA 5, with a performance needing graphics mod. And also need to record it as well, currently without recording with Mid-range graphics settings, I get a average of 60-75 Frames, with my cpu at 90% usage, memory at almost 100% at times so I know whatever I do it's getting upgraded. and when I wanna record  40-50 Frames and the recording isn't  very good at 720P in OBS. 

So what's you budget then for the upgrade because that can narrow down what would be the best options.

I know FiveM can be very demanding. realistically you can save money by just buying 32gb of ram instead and get 3600mhz cl16. 

4 minutes ago, rowdyjosh02 said:

So what's you budget then for the upgrade because that can narrow down what would be the best options.

I know FiveM can be very demanding. realistically you can save money by just buying 32gb of ram instead and get 3600mhz cl16. 

So, I would rather do 64GB for the long term, and no more than $850, my case is $100, and my cooler is $75 and the ram is $179, then everything else.

14 minutes ago, Braiyden D said:

So, I would rather do 64GB for the long term, and no more than $850, my case is $100, and my cooler is $75 and the ram is $179, then everything else.

Seems as though possibly should do a CPU upgrade rather than gpu at the moment but again it all depends it could perform alot better in just a better case and cooler but recording relies mostly on CPU and that seems to be the issue. graphics quality in the game depends more on Gpu and for 500 (the amount when subtracting what you want) you can't upgrade everything so something has to suffer. in my opinion though 64 seems a bit overkill but if thats what you want. 

4 hours ago, rowdyjosh02 said:

Seems as though possibly should do a CPU upgrade rather than gpu at the moment but again it all depends it could perform alot better in just a better case and cooler but recording relies mostly on CPU and that seems to be the issue. graphics quality in the game depends more on Gpu and for 500 (the amount when subtracting what you want) you can't upgrade everything so something has to suffer. in my opinion though 64 seems a bit overkill but if thats what you want. 

I never planned on Upgrading my GPU, but thank you for the advice this should help!