"we couldn't create a new partition or locate" error while trying to download windows using flashdrive

Go to solution Solved by Dylanmateos,

I somehow fixed this by booting the computer up without the hard drive connected, but thank you all for the advice.

After switching out my cpu and updating my bios, I got the error 0xc000000e, so I set up a flashdrive to redownload windows. The repair tool failed, so I tried to download it onto my ssd, but it keeps giving me the error "we couldn't create a new partition or locate". I've tried downloading it to my hard drive as well but I get the same error. Does anyone know a fix that doesn't require me having to wipe my ssd(I have some files I can't afford to delete)?

What does 0xc000000e mean?

0xC000000E, or STATUS_NO_SUCH_DEVICE, indicates a hardware failure or an incorrect drive configuration. Check your cables and check the drive with the diagnostic utility available from your drive manufacturer.

You may also want to try MiniTool Partition Wizard Free Edition >> https://www.minitool.com/partition-manager/partition-wizard-home.html >> Click on Free Download.

I somehow fixed this by booting the computer up without the hard drive connected, but thanks for the advice.

I somehow fixed this by booting the computer up without the hard drive connected, but thank you all for the advice.