New build no post (Dram & CPU debug LED alternating)

wolfmcbeard

So I started putting stuff together today for my new pc after my ram finally showed up, I put it together and when I powered it up, the lights in the ram modules came to life as did the cpu and dbug led in an alternating pattern for about a second on constant loop

Things I tried.
only one module of the Corsair ram.
Taking all four dimm's of BTO memory from my HP and installing those.
Trying only one dimm of BTO ram.
Reset cmos.
Re-seat cpu and cooler.

hardware in question.
Ryzen 5 3600
32gb (4x8) Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz RGB Pro SL ddr4 // 32gb (4x8) BTO PC4 2400 8gb 2Rx8-CA4-44 
Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (rev 1.1)
unknown brand known working 600 watt psu
no ssd
no hdd
BTO GT1030 2gb

Ryzen 5 5600X - MSI B550 Mag Tomahawk - Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL 3200 (4x8) - EVGA RTX2060 XC Gaming 12gig - Crucial P2 250gb nvme ssd (OS) - WD Blue 1tb sata hdd (general storage) - Seagate Barracuda 4tb sata hdd (games) - iBuypower Element Reflect

Try the power supply plugs. Make sure everything is properly connected and nothing accidentally fell out. If you have a full modular PSU, make sure to check the PSU side of the cables. 

As an updated, the ram does work in my HP, though defaults to 2133mhz (probably an HP thing.)

6 hours ago, Meowth LVL255 said:

Try the power supply plugs. Make sure everything is properly connected and nothing accidentally fell out. If you have a full modular PSU, make sure to check the PSU side of the cables. 

Yep, no bones there.

Ryzen 5 5600X - MSI B550 Mag Tomahawk - Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL 3200 (4x8) - EVGA RTX2060 XC Gaming 12gig - Crucial P2 250gb nvme ssd (OS) - WD Blue 1tb sata hdd (general storage) - Seagate Barracuda 4tb sata hdd (games) - iBuypower Element Reflect

11 minutes ago, wolfmcbeard said:

As an updated, the ram does work in my HP, though defaults to 2133mhz (probably an HP thing.)

Yep, no bones there.

Well, the ram defaulting on your HP to 2133 is probably a processor thing not being able to run ram at higher speeds. As for your loop though, there might be a short of metal hitting the backplate of the CPU. Get a cheap 10 dollar cooler from newegg that fits your cpu and see if that fixes it. If not, you can probably return it.

7 hours ago, wolfmcbeard said:

So I started putting stuff together today for my new pc after my ram finally showed up, I put it together and when I powered it up, the lights in the ram modules came to life as did the cpu and dbug led in an alternating pattern for about a second on constant loop

Things I tried.
only one module of the Corsair ram.
Taking all four dimm's of BTO memory from my HP and installing those.
Trying only one dimm of BTO ram.
Reset cmos.
Re-seat cpu and cooler.

hardware in question.
Ryzen 5 3600
32gb (4x8) Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz RGB Pro SL ddr4 // 32gb (4x8) BTO PC4 2400 8gb 2Rx8-CA4-44 
Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (rev 1.1)
unknown brand known working 600 watt psu
no ssd
no hdd
BTO GT1030 2gb

image.thumb.png.ba16ab650f465fae22b4739b03b2dfec.png

I just plugged your system into PCpartspicker and got this. You might want to try updating the bios if you haven't.

That had been one of my thoughts initially but can I even do that on this board if it won't post with the other hardware though?

I have discovered after doing more research (please forgive me, I'm a bit new to this) my mb is out of the box compatible with 2nd gen Ryzen 2xxx cpu's but needs an update to be 3xxx compatible, as I don't have one on hand and don't want to buy one, even if it's cheap just to do the update, I'm going to get a board with out of the box compatibility with my cpu.

The MSI Mag B550 Tomahawk seems to show on the MSI support page that it indeed is able to use the 3600 out the box.
I will hold onto my Gigabyte board just incase.
This is entirely a case of "I was the idiot"