Jump to content

Can somebody help me fix this windows vista bug?

DietzDiet
 Share

image.png.c727d92b56be5c06147edf06e94d15dd.pngWhen i turn on my old vista this error appears idkw pls help :C

image.png

image.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

system specs would be nice, and also an estimation of the last time this pc has worked.

 

my guess is the hard drive gave out in the time it was on the shelf, because that is where a computer from ~2007 belongs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, manikyath said:

system specs would be nice, and also an estimation of the last time this pc has worked.

 

my guess is the hard drive gave out in the time it was on the shelf, because that is where a computer from ~2007 belongs.

The hard drive is from another computer the computer i use the hard drive with is a 8/12 gig ram amd athlon II x4 630 i forgor the gpu and it uses a 200 watt psu i think also the computer is a hp pavilion p6654y

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, DietzDiet said:

The hard drive is from another computer

did you just pull a drive from another computer and expect an old windows vista install to just work?

 

if so - that's your problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, manikyath said:

did you just pull a drive from another computer and expect an old windows vista install to just work?

 

if so - that's your problem.

the thing is the other computer is broken thats why i switched it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you just need the files off of the disk? If so boot up an ubuntu live disk, attach a USB drive, and pull your files.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, TheRealShadoh said:

Do you just need the files off of the disk? If so boot up an ubuntu live disk, attach a USB drive, and pull your files.

i have a ubuntu drive installed, i just dunno how to boot up ubuntu lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, DietzDiet said:

the thing is the other computer is broken thats why i switched it

Well, that really doesn't change the fact that Win Vista is not Win10. It won't like hardware changes. You can try to do repair install with the installer media. But thats about all you can do.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×