I have an i7 4770 thats supposed to be @ 3.40 ghz but its always stuck at 2.99 never goes up. is this normal?

my cpu never turbos up or anythiing just wondering if this is normal. the thermals arent a problem so idk

26 minutes ago, Lucasnetic said:

my cpu never turbos up or anythiing just wondering if this is normal. the thermals arent a problem so idk

There may be a BIOS option to manually set or cap the clock speed to avoid overheating. Usually this would be done on something like an all-in-one or laptop / notebook that might use a passive fanless cooler.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

@Lucasnetic

Post pictures of ThrottleStop. It sounds like Intel Turbo Boost is disabled or the turbo power limits are set too low. Show me the ThrottleStop TPL and FIVR windows as well as the main window. 

Edit - Intel non K series CPUs need to have the core C states enabled in the BIOS so that Intel Turbo Boost works correctly. You can also use ThrottleStop to see your idle C state activity. Include that info and a picture of Limit Reasons in your screenshots. 

Sounds like c states

is it same in high perf mode in windows 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper