Samsung The Frame 65" (QE65LS03AAU) issues with "Game Mode" HDMI 4 port (2.1) and Windows 11

Adephx

Hello.

I'm wondering if anyone can shine some light on my problem. I recently purchased the mentioned TV (firmware is fully upgraded) and I'm having major issues with HDMI port 4 that supports 2.1. If I set the TV setting "Game Mode" to either Auto or ON and connect the HDMI cable from "Game Mode" HDMI 4 port to the 2.1 HDMI port on my GPU, the TV can be set to 4k, 120hz, HDR, but as soon as I unplug the cable or restart the PC, the TV won't connect anymore. The "Game Mode" setting will turn itself off on the TV and the PC won't allow me to enable HDR or anything above the 60hz. If I turn the "Game Mode" on manually, the screen will go blank. I have to go to registry and delete all of the Samsung keys, then turn the "Game Mode" back to ON/Auto on the TV and plugin the cable and everything works again.

I'm trying to figure out if the problem is in TV or Windows 11, because this is a lot of work for a device that is regularly unplugged.

SAM.jpg

30 minutes ago, Adephx said:

Hello.

I'm wondering if anyone can shine some light on my problem. I recently purchased the mentioned TV (firmware is fully upgraded) and I'm having major issues with HDMI port 4 that supports 2.1. If I set the TV setting "Game Mode" to either Auto or ON and connect the HDMI cable from "Game Mode" HDMI 4 port to the 2.1 HDMI port on my GPU, the TV can be set to 4k, 120hz, HDR, but as soon as I unplug the cable or restart the PC, the TV won't connect anymore. The "Game Mode" setting will turn itself off on the TV and the PC won't allow me to enable HDR or anything above the 60hz. If I turn the "Game Mode" on manually, the screen will go blank. I have to go to registry and delete all of the Samsung keys, then turn the "Game Mode" back to ON/Auto on the TV and plugin the cable and everything works again.

I'm trying to figure out if the problem is in TV or Windows 11, because this is a lot of work for a device that is regularly unplugged.

SAM.jpg

Not sure why the issue occurs but you can probably save some time (and sanity) by exporting the registry keys to a file on your desktop then use PowerShell to make a script that uses the reg file to delete the keys for you. Once set up you can just click a shortcut/ PowerShell script to work the 'magic', you can also merge the reg file to replace the keys all in one go if needed.