Replaced 2600 with 5800x cpu into my b450m mortar: Computer Posts But Gives Error 0xc000000e

After accidentally installing my cpu without updating the bios(I noticed because it didn't post), I updated my bios to the version of 7B89v1I2 to make sure my 5800x cpu would be compatible with my b450m mortar motherboard. I then tried to make it post again and it posted but gave error code 0xc000000e while i tried to boot into windows 10. I tried using a flashdrive with windows 10 on it to get it to repair or reinstall it but it refuses to work. Does anyone have any advice to boot up windows? I tried putting my old cpu back in and it gave the same error. 

System Specs:

5800x

b450m mortar

evga 650g3 power supply

ddr4 3200mhz 16gb ripjaws V ram

3060 gpu

Thats a hardware failure boot, Usually when it detects a mismatch of Hardware ID and what its expecting. First off can you get into the bios? You can try running the Automatic repair utility if you have the Bootable USB windows 10 drive, if not make one. It should fix most of the issues. If not then its a lot more steps to do.

Re-flash the BIOS assuming you can't even access it.

ITX & Ultrawide Enthusiast

BIOS update, likely. If that fixes it. Not all boards can successfully update for and work with a Zen3. That sounds like an MSI board, and to make a long story short, MSI was like a monkey trying to consummate a football when I was looking to update to a 5900X. They told me the necessary update could fry my older B450M Bazooka only after I had purchased the new chip. I wound up buying an Asus, not wanting to risk bricking or destroying a perfectly good board on a maybe.

Personally, I wouldn't run a Zen3 on a B450 other than for testing.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

1 hour ago, An0maly_76 said:

BIOS update, likely. If that fixes it. Not all boards can successfully update for and work with a Zen3. That sounds like an MSI board, and to make a long story short, MSI was like a monkey trying to consummate a football when I was looking to update to a 5900X. They told me the necessary update could fry my older B450M Bazooka only after I had purchased the new chip. I wound up buying an Asus, not wanting to risk bricking or destroying a perfectly good board on a maybe.

Personally, I wouldn't run a Zen3 on a B450 other than for testing.

I just flashed it to the newest bios update I could find on the msi official site. https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B450M-MORTAR/support. I can't really afford a new motherboard right now so I'm going to try to figure out how to get the cpu on the msi mobo, but thanks for the heads up. Reflashing it did nothing and I still have the same issue. Do you have any bios updates that you know work?

2 hours ago, Shimejii said:

Thats a hardware failure boot, Usually when it detects a mismatch of Hardware ID and what its expecting. First off can you get into the bios? You can try running the Automatic repair utility if you have the Bootable USB windows 10 drive, if not make one. It should fix most of the issues. If not then its a lot more steps to do.

I can make it into the msi click bios.

1 hour ago, Dylanmateos said:

I just flashed it to the newest bios update I could find on the msi official site. https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B450M-MORTAR/support. I can't really afford a new motherboard right now so I'm going to try to figure out how to get the cpu on the msi mobo, but thanks for the heads up. Reflashing it did nothing and I still have the same issue. Do you have any bios updates that you know work?

Unfortunately, no. MSI's bumbling on my 5900X upgrade and BIOS and being unable to make up their mind whether my board would work, combined with the rudeness of some of their support people, have put me off of MSI boards. So I have yet to experience the potential holy hell you are dealing with... 🤨

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

I used a flashdrive with windows installation media to try to get my system to boot up, but I've hit a wall. Whenever I try to download it onto my ssd(or hardrive), it gives me the "we couldn't create a new partition or locate" error. Does anyone know a fix for this that doesn't need me to wipe the drives?