Jump to content

There's no way to exit ads!

How do i exit ads? I am getting sick of it. I don't want to use adblocker

 

 

Untitled.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, f23948 said:

How do i exit ads? I am getting sick of it. I don't want to use adblocker

Why not?

Logical people do.

Actually "ublock origin" is better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, f23948 said:

I don't want to use adblocker

Mind if I ask why? The internet is an awful place these days without an ad blocker, and not using one really only serves to make your web browsing experience more annoying. 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

 

X79 System (yet to be named): Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 8GB Nvidia Quadro P4000, 8GB Nvidia Quadro M4000, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

 

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

 

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can't.  Welcome to Corporate Earth

 With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, f23948 said:

How do i exit ads? I am getting sick of it. I don't want to use adblocker

 

untitled.png

Normally you can either click the faded background around an overlay popup like the one pictured in your screenshot, click some kind of (x) icon in the corner, or click the 3-dot menu seen in your screenshot and hopefully find a way to dismiss the overlay.

 

Or... you can protect your browsing habits by using the uBlock Origin extension. 😉 https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock

 

 

uBlock Origin disabled.

There's so much wasted screen space and it took SIXTY FIVE SECONDS for the site to stop placing call after call to various ad servers. Yes, I buy stuff from Dell, someone visited Home Depot's website recently, and no, I don't live in Tofino - just picked one of my favorite places to visit.

image.thumb.png.9f6b4e0ad2d918164114901010119ab4.png

 

 

uBlock Origin Enabled.

Breathes a sigh of relief. The website layout and load times speak for themselves.

image.thumb.png.842b01af59894cd03e8e989d951e081b.png

Desktop: KRySTaLoGi-PC Build Log (i7-4790K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - Unlimited Calls & Texts + 12GB Data
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, kirashi said:

Normally you can either click the faded background around an overlay popup like the one pictured in your screenshot, click some kind of (x) icon in the corner, or click the 3-dot menu seen in your screenshot and hopefully find a way to dismiss the overlay.

 

Or... you can protect your browsing habits by using the uBlock Origin extension. 😉 https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock

 

 

uBlock Origin disabled.

There's so much wasted screen space and it took SIXTY FIVE SECONDS for the site to stop placing call after call to various ad servers. Yes, I buy stuff from Dell, someone visited Home Depot's website recently, and no, I don't live in Tofino - just picked one of my favorite places to visit.

image.thumb.png.9f6b4e0ad2d918164114901010119ab4.png

 

 

uBlock Origin Enabled.

Breathes a sigh of relief. The website layout and load times speak for themselves.

image.thumb.png.842b01af59894cd03e8e989d951e081b.png

even though i clicked on 3 digits there's no way to exit ads. When i clicked on faded background sometimes ads doesn't go away

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, f23948 said:

even though i clicked on 3 digits there's no way to exit ads. When i clicked on faded background sometimes ads doesn't go away

Sounds like it's time to find another website for weather forecasts, or begin utilizing uBlock Origin. 😉 

Desktop: KRySTaLoGi-PC Build Log (i7-4790K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - Unlimited Calls & Texts + 12GB Data
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, kirashi said:

Sounds like it's time to find another website for weather forecasts, or begin utilizing uBlock Origin. 😉 

Weather Underground is what weather.com should be.

 

If you want the information straight from the horse's mouth, you can get forecasts and radar from NOAA and the National Weather Service at weather.gov.

 

But yeah, an ad blocker and Privacy Badger make the Internet usable again!

Dell owns my soul.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I never see ads.

 

You haven't said why you don't want to use an ad blocker but you want to get rid of ads. Not logical.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, f23948 said:

I don't want to use adblocker

Live with it?

I mean that's the only way. Or search for another website but you'll just have different ads and popups then.

 

Who *doesn't* uses an adblocker in 2022? it's mandatory if you want to have at least basic functionality in most normie websites.

News sites are hilarious if you disable ublock, 70% of the pages are covered in ads lol and what about youtube? these mfs must be adding quad unskippable ads before you play a video.

Tender is the night

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

unplug internet and buy books for your information

Synthesizer thread:

 

LTT Fan Fiction:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Go to "about:config".
Enable "toolkit.legacyUserProfileCustomizations.stylesheets".

 

Go to "about:support".
For "Profile Folder", click "Open Folder".
Create a folder named "chrome".
In the "chrome" folder, create a text file named "userContent.css".

Paste this CSS and save the file:

@charset "utf-8";

@-moz-document domain("weather.com") {
    /* Disable ads. */
    [id^="WxuAd-"],
    [id^="google_ads_"],
    [name^="google_ads_"] {
        display: none !important;
    }
}

 

Restart Firefox.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×