B450M Pro4 + 5600X Memory question

IXNet

Greeting Here, i have a quick question, i have a Asrock B450M Pro 4 with a 5600x cpu and i have 2 kit of: Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Intel XMP 2.0 

So now i have 4 x 8GO memory stick set at 3200Mhz with intel xmp in the bios

But i have a question, on asrock site under the memory support they said thats the max usable memory is only 2 slot out of 4.

Before last month i was working with 2 x 8GO stick and it was working fine.

now i have 4 x 8GO and it still work and i see 32GO in the bios and 32GO in windows and the xmp still ON with the correct speed value, but now my system seem to be lot slower with 4 x 8GO stick rather than 2 x 8GO.

My question could it be bause i have more memory than whats this board support ?

sorry for my english i am canadian but my main language is french

Download a program called ZenTimings and send a screenshot. There's likely some sort of timing inconsistencies causing this type of issue, and that should show all the timings to make sure the board didn't mess something up that would cause it to be incredibly slow. 

5 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Download a program called ZenTimings and send a screenshot. There's likely some sort of timing inconsistencies causing this type of issue, and that should show all the timings to make sure the board didn't mess something up that would cause it to be incredibly slow. 

Thank you for your answer here is a screenshoot

Capture.PNG

I'd be looking at the QVL lists for that board if I were you. I've had some very annoying and intermittent but persistent issues with my 5900X build about a month in that seem to be RAM-related. Turns out the RAM I used isn't even on the QVL list, and it's become clear that may be a factor. I'll never build another machine or upgrade memory without looking at the QVL lists for the board again.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

2 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

I'd be looking at the QVL lists for that board if I were you. I've had some very annoying and intermittent but persistent issues with my 5900X build about a month in that seem to be RAM-related. Turns out the RAM I used isn't even on the QVL list, and it's become clear that may be a factor. I'll never build another machine or upgrade memory without looking at the QVL lists for the board again.

this ram was in QVL but mother board said to use only 2 out of 4 slot with 5000 series

10 minutes ago, IXNet said:

Thank you for your answer here is a screenshoot

Capture.PNG

OK, nothing in there seems too out of the ordinary. tRC should be 56 rather than 73, but other than that those look overall like standard auto subtimings, and it is running in 1:1 mode (the main thing I was looking for). Nothing in there should cause performance to absolutely tank like you said it did. Try running a memory stress test then, something like Memtest86, since it can occur where if there's a memory instability performance would lower significantly rather than outright crash. 

Also, did you run benchmarks before and after, or does it just feel slower?

3 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

OK, nothing in there seems too out of the ordinary. tRC should be 56 rather than 73, but other than that those look overall like standard auto subtimings, and it is running in 1:1 mode (the main thing I was looking for). Nothing in there should cause performance to absolutely tank like you said it did. Try running a memory stress test then, something like Memtest86, since it can occur where if there's a memory instability performance would lower significantly rather than outright crash. 

Also, did you run benchmarks before and after, or does it just feel slower?

No i didnt but i will try, thx for help 🙂

35 minutes ago, IXNet said:

on asrock site under the memory support they said thats the max usable memory is only 2 slot out of 4.

You might be misunderstanding the site stating that the motherboard supports "dual channel." The motherboard supports two dimms per channel, and two channels, so that's 4 dimms in total.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad