A little help finding the right RAM for my new build.

holybeef3477

So i have an I3 12100f and a PRO B660M-P DDR4 msi MOBO on the way, Looking through the compatible ram on their website and not really sure what i should go as the list is kind of hard to understand. My question i guess is what is a good 16gb kit for this setup and will any ddr4 3200 16gb kit work or do i need some sort of specific ram. Sorry just want to be safe. 

The cheapest available 320 cl16 will do, dont bother paying more for branding as the ics will be the same as any other 3200 cl16 bin ram aka random ics that range from garbage (cdie) to half decent (djr)

Im a little slow on the terms, Sorry lol. Say im searching ebay for compatible ram for the items i listed in the main thread what would i search? I could care less about branding, Im upgrading from a 4790k ddr3 platform so just a decent 16gb kit to game on for now . HUGE thanks in advance

22 minutes ago, holybeef3477 said:

Im a little slow on the terms, Sorry lol. Say im searching ebay for compatible ram for the items i listed in the main thread what would i search? I could care less about branding, Im upgrading from a 4790k ddr3 platform so just a decent 16gb kit to game on for now . HUGE thanks in advance

this is the cheapest decent 16gb kit I could find on Amazon right now https://pcpartpicker.com/product/P4FKHx/silicon-power-sp016gxlzu320bdaj5-16-gb-2-x-8-gb-ddr4-3200-cl16-memory-sp016gxlzu320bdaj5

eBay doesn’t have great prices for DDR4 at the moment

And this compatible with this mobo and cpu? Sorry the list on msi just confused me 

Just now, holybeef3477 said:

And this compatible with this mobo and cpu? Sorry the list on msi just confused me 

yep! All DDR4 UDIMMS (the type of RAM this is) will be compatible with your CPU and motherboard

1 hour ago, holybeef3477 said:

Don't use ebay. DDR4 is dirt cheap these days.

The kit listed above is solid enough and a good price.

If you're asking for brand recommendations, that's just a preference thing. I have always gone with G. Skill Ripjaws, myself.

Hey there guys almost done buying parts for this build would a  crucial p2 500gb be alright for this build for my boot drive. Thanks in advance guys you've been a huge help

Building the moat recent budget build video pc with some changes. Ill be running my own 1060 6gb and corsair cx750m psu. Plus corsair and arctic fans i had spares of.