Should I buy ryzen 5900x now?

Budget (including currency): 2000dollar equivalent 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: mainly video editing, premiere pro and after effects and adobe audition.

Other details:  

New build, graphic card: rtx 3080 12gb, was waiting for ryzen 7000 launch news, n it seems 7000 series will be expensive and also needing more tdp, so as an individual creator (new) i wanna make an 5900x system, mainly for creation with hardly ever playing games. Please suggest if i should buy 5900x now or wait for 7000 release (will that make 5900x's price drop even more?)

Ryzen processors have historically dropped in price quite a bit when their new lineup comes out. The only interruption to this was during the 5000 series launch and the chip shortage caused all the prices to go up. Otherwise, I have a feeling that 5000 series CPUs will become cheaper when the 7000 series lands

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I would really suspect that within a month, after Ryzen 7000 series comes out, the 5900X will be going for somewhere in the neighborhood of $200-300 compared to it's ~$350 it's going for now. We're close enough to the launches of new CPUs that unless you really need something for work, it's probably a good idea to just wait for the launch since prices will drop by a pretty nice margin on last gen stuff, and next gen stuff should be very enticing as well. 

I paid $620 for mine Sep 2021. Here in the states, GameStop has them for $360, according to PCPartPicker. They'e cheap enough now to be a no-brainer already, we may see some price drop on AM5's release, but I'm not sure it will be that much cheaper. We were expecting price drops on a lot of things the past year or so that didn't happen, and we're still supposedly in a semiconductor shortage. I can say I don't think gaming software will catch up to the AM5 for quite some time after its release, chiefly because the best AM4s have yet to breathe hard. AMD has already said the AM4 is not going anywhere, and is either releasing or planning to release more Zen3s in the future.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

Why would you even consider going with the 5900X for video editing when the 12700 exists for a similar price? For video editing you should either wait to see how Ryzen 7000 and Intel 13th gen will be, or go with the Intel 12th gen.

If you use Adobe products, its pretty much an intel only show. Will have to see how ryzen 7000 goes, but they still prefer clockspeed over core count, and 12700k should be about the same price.  Either way youll be fine though

18 hours ago, KaitouX said:

Why would you even consider going with the 5900X for video editing when the 12700 exists for a similar price? For video editing you should either wait to see how Ryzen 7000 and Intel 13th gen will be, or go with the Intel 12th gen.

Then i would go for 12900 but the power draw is just too much. 

Wait till 7000 series launch then get a 3800x3D. They gonna be cheap as after the launch.