My sisters laptop won’t let her log in

Jozzey

My sisters Acer laptop has been dropped and damaged so many time, yet it looks like it has a software problem.

the video below is what happens 9/10 times, just no option to sign in. Pressing restart or shutdown just freezes the screen.

rarely after pressing the battery reset button with a pin underneath the computer, the blue screen attached below will appear. Going through the options most either ask for a password (which my sister can’t seem to get right for some reason), and just restart and boot to that login screen. I had it working for a week by having a usb stick plugged in and booting Linux from the usb, but my sister broke that.

Not to make this a sob story but it’s nearly my mums birthday and my dad doesn’t work, so if they have to buy her a new laptop for school, it means mum can’t afford her own birthday presents (moneys right as it is) 

the laptop is trash, but it’s all we could afford.

I will update later with information about the laptop as it had an error code.

7811496E-47FF-4609-81EF-DAC33D7E5FC8.png

if there isn't any important data on it, simplest fix i can think of is to just reinstall windows. i'm sure there is another way, but it only takes like an hour.

2 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

if there isn't any important data on it, simplest fix i can think of is to just reinstall windows. i'm sure there is another way, but it only takes like an hour.

There’s nothing important on there, I’ll research how to reinstall windows, thanks a lot dude 🙏

13 minutes ago, Jozzey said:

There’s nothing important on there, I’ll research how to reinstall windows, thanks a lot dude 🙏

From that blue screen you attached in your original post, you can go to troubleshoot and that could allow you to reset the PC to factory settings. 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

7 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

From that blue screen you attached in your original post, you can go to troubleshoot and that could allow you to reset the PC to factory settings. 

When I try to reset it just says “There was a problem while resetting your pc”, do you know how to fix this?

5 hours ago, Jozzey said:

When I try to reset it just says “There was a problem while resetting your pc”, do you know how to fix this?

There are a handful of things you can try but honestly it would probably be better just to make a windows installer USB and format the drive fully with that.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad