Minecraft Server on NAS for 3 or 4 people?

Hi, I have a Terramaster F2-422 NAS and wondered whether I could run a small Minecraft server for 3 or 4 people.

I have added more RAM to it so it now has 8gb instead of 4gb.

Any help gratefully received, TIA, Paul.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming,
Corsair Hydro H100x,
Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX 16GB
Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC 8gb, AOC u2879vf 4k,
WD Blue SN550 500GB M.2 NVMe,
Win 10 Pro x64

Hey, thanks. I'll look into this.

I don't expect anything big, I just want to see if I could create one for me and a couple of mates to use now and again.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming,
Corsair Hydro H100x,
Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX 16GB
Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC 8gb, AOC u2879vf 4k,
WD Blue SN550 500GB M.2 NVMe,
Win 10 Pro x64

Bear in mind you'll have to do some port forwarding if you want them to be able to access it from outside your network.

If you don't want to rent a server, a pretty substantial one will fit in Oracle Cloud's free tier:

https://blogs.oracle.com/developers/post/how-to-set-up-and-run-a-really-powerful-free-minecraft-server-in-the-cloud

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

6 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

Bear in mind you'll have to do some port forwarding if you want them to be able to access it from outside your network.

If you don't want to rent a server, a pretty substantial one will fit in Oracle Cloud's free tier:

https://blogs.oracle.com/developers/post/how-to-set-up-and-run-a-really-powerful-free-minecraft-server-in-the-cloud

that's only for ARM though, and minecraft/java really dont like performing well on ARM.

1 hour ago, manikyath said:

that's only for ARM though, and minecraft/java really dont like performing well on ARM.

Well enough for a handful of players, and probably equal or better than the performance they'll get from the resources their Terramaster NAS's Celeron J3455 and home Internet upload bandwidth can spare.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

5 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

Well enough for a handful of players, and probably equal or better than the performance they'll get from the resources their Terramaster NAS's Celeron J3455 and home Internet upload bandwidth can spare.

for a small amount of people you really dont need to worry about bandwidth, and i'd rather have my own celeron J3455 than some shared cloud node where my free box is piled on nodes with other free boxes.