How to fix no sound when I plug in headset?

noonie94
Go to solution Solved by noonie94,
On 8/10/2022 at 10:33 AM, TylerD321 said:

Did you select the correct audio device? Which windows do you use? On Windows 10 you can click on the sound icon by your clock, then there is a carrot (^) you can click on to choose where sound is playing to.

update: 

Update: So NZXT cases have this problem (I looked on google), instead of going through the hassle of getting a replacement of the same case, I just returned it to amazon and went to Best Buy and got the Corsiar 4000d airflow which is a nicer case and have better airflow. In my personal opinion the NZXT h510 is a nice looking minimalistic case, but it Thermals sucks and so does the hd audio plug. If anyone else experience this problem contact NZXT or just do what I did and buy a different case.

I built my first PC last week. When I tried to game with my friend last night and tried to use my headset it didn't work. I tried plugging it in the front I/O jack, doesn't work. I tried the splitter jack, doesn't work, I tried the back of the motherboard doesn't work. I am currently using my tv and until I get a monitor, so idk if that's the problem. I've re-installed the audio drivers, still doesn't work. I've re-plugged the hd audio header in different directions to make sure I didn't plug it in wrong, still nothing. I've restarted the PC multiple times and messed with the audio settings. What should I do? I have an NZXT h510 case and a GIGABYTE B660M GAMING X AX DDR4 motherboard. If it helps, the front panel connect seemed easier to plug in than the hd audio one.

Update: I plugged some speakers in the back of my motherboard and they work. So I have no idea why my headset is not working in the front of my case or in the back of my motherboard

Update: So NZXT cases have this problem (I looked on google), instead of going through the hassle of getting a replacement of the same case, I just returned it to amazon and went to Best Buy and got the Corsiar 4000d airflow which is a nicer case and have better airflow. In my personal opinion the NZXT h510 is a nice looking minimalistic case, but it Thermals sucks and so does the hd audio plug. If anyone else experience this problem contact NZXT or just do what I did and buy a different case.

Edited by noonie94

Did you select the correct audio device? Which windows do you use? On Windows 10 you can click on the sound icon by your clock, then there is a carrot (^) you can click on to choose where sound is playing to.

My PC Specs: (expand to view)

Main Gaming Machine

CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K - OC to 5 GHz All Cores
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT (Front Mounted AIO)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600

Storage: Intel 665p 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD (x2)
Video Card: Zotac RTX 3070 8 GB GAMING Twin Edge OC

Power Supply: Corsair RM850 850W
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
Case Fan 120mm: Noctua F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120 mm (x1)
Case Fan 140mm: Noctua A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140 mm (x4)
Monitor Main: Asus VG278QR 27.0" 1920x1080 165 Hz
Monitor Vertical: Asus VA27EHE 27.0" 1920x1080 75 Hz

On 8/10/2022 at 10:33 AM, TylerD321 said:

update: