Motherboard white light

kyazerking

Hi everyone,

I've recently had to replace my rtx 3080ti after having it for a month of using it as it burnt out. When playing No Mans sky it had the white light turn on the motherboard I reset the pc and it didn't turn on again. Now every time I play No mans sky the light comes on and it'll say No signal but works fine with other games. 

New psu and gpu. Checked ram and all cables.

Specs: 

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900F CPU @ 2.80GHz   2.81 GHz
Installed:   RAM    32.0 GB
System type:    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Nvidia Geforce Rtx 3080ti OC 12gb

Windows 11 Home

BaseBoard Product    ROG STRIX B460-F GAMING

The white light means there is a VGA error according to user manual. Typically this will be an issue with your graphics card. What size power supply do you have and how do you have your graphics card plugged into it?

Here is a helpful link:

How To Fix VGA Lights on Motherboard - TechColleague

User Manual: E16493_ROG_STRIX_B460-F_GAMING_UM_WEB.pdf (asus.com)

image.png.d550f0150cbd71953bf0f28f9515ef46.png

My PC Specs: (expand to view)

Main Gaming Machine

CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K - OC to 5 GHz All Cores
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT (Front Mounted AIO)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600

Storage: Intel 665p 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD (x2)
Video Card: Zotac RTX 3070 8 GB GAMING Twin Edge OC

Power Supply: Corsair RM850 850W
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
Case Fan 120mm: Noctua F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120 mm (x1)
Case Fan 140mm: Noctua A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140 mm (x4)
Monitor Main: Asus VG278QR 27.0" 1920x1080 165 Hz
Monitor Vertical: Asus VA27EHE 27.0" 1920x1080 75 Hz

22 minutes ago, kyazerking said:

Hi everyone,

I've recently had to replace my rtx 3080ti after having it for a month of using it as it burnt out. When playing No Mans sky it had the white light turn on the motherboard I reset the pc and it didn't turn on again. Now every time I play No mans sky the light comes on and it'll say No signal but works fine with other games. 

New psu and gpu. Checked ram and all cables.

Specs: 

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900F CPU @ 2.80GHz   2.81 GHz
Installed:   RAM    32.0 GB
System type:    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Nvidia Geforce Rtx 3080ti OC 12gb

Windows 11 Home

BaseBoard Product    ROG STRIX B460-F GAMING

Are you using multiple monitors?

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

Ya I read that in the manual but I've got a SeaSonic 1000W, graphics card is in the top PCIEX16_1 slot.

1 minute ago, DoctorNick said:

Are you using multiple monitors?

Only one monitor in 4k 120hz.

11 minutes ago, TylerD321 said:

The white light means there is a VGA error according to user manual. Typically this will be an issue with your graphics card. What size power supply do you have and how do you have your graphics card plugged into it?

Here is a helpful link:

How To Fix VGA Lights on Motherboard - TechColleague

User Manual: E16493_ROG_STRIX_B460-F_GAMING_UM_WEB.pdf (asus.com)

image.png.d550f0150cbd71953bf0f28f9515ef46.png

Ya I read that in the manual but I've got a SeaSonic 1000W, graphics card is in the top PCIEX16_1 slot.

1 minute ago, kyazerking said:

Only one monitor in 4k 120hz.

Is it a VA panel? Reason why I ask is because I experience weird stuff with my samsung VA gaming monitor and when using multiple displays it works best when not set as primary display. I simply use one of the other ports.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

2 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Is it a VA panel? Reason why I ask is because I experience weird stuff with my samsung VA gaming monitor and when using multiple displays it works best when not set as primary display. I simply use one of the other ports.

Its a north american version of Hisense tv

1 minute ago, kyazerking said:

Its a north american version of Hisense tv

Dosen't say alot. Could it be U8G? If yes then its a VA panel. Do you use your own cable or was it included?

FS in Denmark/EU:

Just now, DoctorNick said:

Dosen't say alot. Could it be U8G? If yes then its a VA panel. Do you use your own cable or was it included?

Correct its U8G and my own hdmi cable i've swapped that out as well.

Just now, kyazerking said:

Correct its U8G and my own hdmi cable i've swapped that out as well.

Alright, could be VA panel then. It's just weird sometimes, and very slow to start up. If it works from auto source, you might want to set it to the specific HDMI port. Also try the first port on your GPU if you got more than one, the one most to the right, if the card is mounted horizontally 

FS in Denmark/EU:

7 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Alright, could be VA panel then. It's just weird sometimes, and very slow to start up. If it works from auto source, you might want to set it to the specific HDMI port. Also try the first port on your GPU if you got more than one, the one most to the right, if the card is mounted horizontally 

That's actually how I've got it setup maybe I'll try a different port and see just incase. Someone also suggested to me too power up tv first then PC.

15 hours ago, kyazerking said:

That's actually how I've got it setup maybe I'll try a different port and see just incase. Someone also suggested to me too power up tv first then PC.

Yes could also work!

FS in Denmark/EU:

8 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Yes could also work!

So was playing today and it all of a sudden says no signal but I can still hear audio but have to reset the computer. No idea what the issue is!

1 hour ago, kyazerking said:

So was playing today and it all of a sudden says no signal but I can still hear audio but have to reset the computer. No idea what the issue is!

Try to shutdown PC. Turn off PSU. Remove HDMI from GPU. Shutdown TV with no PSU power. 

Turn on TV and select source. Attatch hdmi to GPU, turn on PSU, turn on PC. 

FS in Denmark/EU:

I might give that a go if this crashes again. At the moment i've removed three fans from my PC and it seems to be getting alot better temps and hasn't shut down as of yet. 

• 7 months later...

I’ve had the same issue

msi very new pre built from iron inside computers 

My monitor just shuts off it wasn’t showing the light before tho 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

23 minutes ago, Moon_navia said:

I’ve had the same issue

msi very new pre built from iron inside computers 

My monitor just shuts off it wasn’t showing the light before tho 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Have you tried using a different cable to your monitor? I had something similar happen with 2 different computers. One was a bad riser cable (looks like your GPU is plugged straight into the motherboard) and the other was a bad HDMI cable.