Should i upgrade? And how?

I have a hp s5-1414 and i wanna upgrade the ram and cpu to a i7-3770 8 gigs and also in my garage i have a 300 watt power supply that i want to switch with this desktop. If i switch the powersupply from 200 to 300 will i be able to get a gpu upgrade? btw the power supply is from a old emachines t5226. Also if I do upgrade the cpu and ram, how much fps will i get in tf2 and minecraft

That HP prebuilt uses a custom case with a custom dimension PSU, so forget about PSU upgrade unless you plan on changing the case too (and that point might as well built a better system using Ryzen 3 3100 or something).

As far as graphics card upgrade goes, your safest bet is 75w cards that feed off PCIE slot (1050ti, 1650).

You can get 2 4GB DDR3 dimms for that easily and just swap that in.

3770 upgrade may not be possible since you got a Sandy Bridge CPU and Ivy Bridge support requires microcode update to be provided by a BIOS update and even if you got a BIOS update manufacturer may chose to leave newer CPU microcodes out.

I honestly would not spend a dime on prebuilt SB/IVB era systems.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just now, Levent said:

That HP prebuilt uses a custom case with a custom dimension PSU, so forget about PSU upgrade unless you plan on changing the case too (and that point might as well built a better system using Ryzen 3 3100 or something).

As far as graphics card upgrade goes, your safest bet is 75w cards that feed off PCIE slot (1050ti, 1650).

3770 upgrade may not be possible since you got a Sandy Bridge CPU and Ivy Bridge support requires microcode update to be provided by a BIOS update and even if you got a BIOS update manufacturer may chose to leave newer CPU microcodes out.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03506147 in this site it shows the compatible cpus and i the reasons i want to upgrade it is because 1. i wanna be more familliar with computers 2. i dont wanna buy another pc so would it be a good idea to upgrade to a 1050 ti 3770 8 gigs? idkw but my school requires directx12 lol and i wanna get decent fps in minecraft

9 minutes ago, DietzDiet said:

i dont wanna buy another pc so would it be a good idea to upgrade to a 1050 ti 3770 8 gigs

If your running only 4GBs and are trying to run Minecraft + WIndows 10, yeah that gonna create some issues and upping to 8GB would help. If your PSU can't handle to load you could always purchase a better on and run it outside the case with the cables running in through the back. It would be a major risk to move it however if you didnt disconnect all the cables first. 

1 minute ago, RAM555789 said:

If your running only 4GBs and are trying to run Minecraft + WIndows 10, yeah that gonna create some issues and upping to 8GB would help. If your PSU can't handle to load you could always purchase a better on and run it outside the case with the cables running in through the back. It would be a major risk to move it however if you didnt disconnect all the cables first. 

so i should upgrade the ram cpu and gpu?

This has no upgrade potential and is super old and slow, was already crappy when it came out... was it 12 years ago ??

Give it to some charity you DON'T support lol and get a real PC 🙂

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

33 minutes ago, Levent said:

Possible for everything since bios modding exists so just mod the microcode in, since basically everything uefi uses ami just get mmtool v4 or 5 and use that to insert microcode for ivybridge, im pretty sure forums like my digital life have some info on this sort of bios modding. Though xeon e3 1230 v2 would be a better option since its usually cheaper

35 minutes ago, Levent said:

I honestly would not spend a dime on prebuilt SB/IVB era systems

iirc they used to be a decent deal a few years ago but now that used ryzen is dirt cheap (even zen is = to haswell) and theres some really good lowend new options too like the 12100f there seems to be no reason to bother with these prebuilts anymore, hassle itself is already a pain and if you arent saving tons of $ it becomes pointless due to no upgrade path and older cpus being really slow mostly due to abysmally slow boost clocks and old architecture

10 hours ago, Levent said:

quick question, would a 1030 be good? oh and would a 26$ gt 730

be ok?