Wi-Fi on my PC is a lot slower than it should be

Did a quick speed test on my PC earlier as the wifi was being very slow as usual and got around 3 mbps download and 4 mbps upload. When I run the speed test on my phone I get around 140 mbps download and 25 mbps upload. I currently use a GC-WBAX200 wifi card in my PC that I got quite recently. Is there any way for me to try and get my wifi speed closer to what I should be getting without going wired? I also just tried updating my drivers to see if that helped in any way but it didn't do anything.

the wireless signal could be arse. walls/floors in the way arent very good, and your pc case is a big earthed metal box, that if it's in the way will be a HUGE damper on your signal. i've heard of someone turning their case 90° getting about 10x the speed.

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

the wireless signal could be arse. walls/floors in the way arent very good, and your pc case is a big earthed metal box, that if it's in the way will be a HUGE damper on your signal. i've heard of someone turning their case 90° getting about 10x the speed.

Thanks for the suggestion, I've moved the wifi antenna thing a bit further away from my PC and that's brought the download speed up to about 50mbps and 25 for upload. Still not as good as it could be, the test on my phone was done in the same room, however its a massive improvement, thank you for the tip!