Will a new case lower temps?

iGPR3
10 minutes ago, iGPR3 said:

you sure its atx? ive measured it up and it seems micro atx measurements. i do have a fan in the back aswell, but i wont be able to afford a good cpu cooler for a while. hopefully a new case can cool it down good enough for now. ive also checked up on a different post and my board and PSU will fit in another case, thanks anyways though! would you recommend a CPU upgrade after i get a new case and heatsink? and if i do should i buy an AMD mobo and processor after next gen releases or wait for intel next gen and upgrade things after that?

Oh meant atx standard sizing. Yeah it's a matx board.

You got 20-30$ to spare? Plenty good coolers out there for that.

No need to upgrade your system is great as is just in a cruddy case.

Like a phanteks p300a is about 50-60$ and then a vetro v5 cooler for 30$ and boom all problems solved.

24 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Oh meant atx standard sizing. Yeah it's a matx board.

You got 20-30$ to spare? Plenty good coolers out there for that.

No need to upgrade your system is great as is just in a cruddy case.

Like a phanteks p300a is about 50-60$ and then a vetro v5 cooler for 30$ and boom all problems solved.

great! thanks for the advice, i’ll definitely take a look at some CPU coolers or maybe think about water cooling in the future.

2 minutes ago, iGPR3 said:

great! thanks for the advice, i’ll definitely take a look at some CPU coolers or maybe think about water cooling in the future.

Why watercooling?

A deepcool ak400 matches a ton of 240mm coolers and costs 35$ an ak620 or sycthe fuma 2 is 60$ and beats almost every single 240mm or 280mm rad.

12 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Why watercooling?

A deepcool ak400 matches a ton of 240mm coolers and costs 35$ an ak620 or sycthe fuma 2 is 60$ and beats almost every single 240mm or 280mm rad.

really? i always thought that water cooling could be just as good if done properly and with a good 360mm rad, but i guess i was wrong. what CPU coolers would you recommend for a somewhat budget ish price?

1 minute ago, iGPR3 said:

really? i always thought that water cooling could be just as good if done properly and with a good 360mm rad, but i guess i was wrong. what CPU coolers would you recommend for a somewhat budget ish price?

Watercooling isn't magic. A decent 360mm rad will beat those aircoolers.

But in the end a vetroo v5 is already overkill for a 10400.

14 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Watercooling isn't magic. A decent 360mm rad will beat those aircoolers.

But in the end a vetroo v5 is already overkill for a 10400.

good point, ill look into them. thanks!

On 8/16/2022 at 3:46 PM, jaslion said:

Well I know that system. Same exact internal metal frame since 2010(youll find 5,25 inch bays for cd drives or at least the slots)

Basically its all standard atx stuff you can toss in another case. I also recommend you get a cheap decent cpu cooler as a replacement.

Is there a fan in the back of yours? If so you have the "high end" version 😛

hey there, the case has come and im having a go at putting the parts in. the IO shield doesnt want to go in easily and doesnt seem the right size, is there anything that I should know before breaking the case trying to fit it?

edit: being an aldi pc the psu didnt reach with the 24 pin connector as it wasnt designed to sit that far away from the motherboard. its like a rats nest of cables and ive just given up… gonna have to arrange to get someone else to build it for me. plus im worried about my data being okay but should be fine.

1 hour ago, iGPR3 said:

hey there, the case has come and me and im having a go at putting the parts in. the IO shield doesnt want to go in easily and doesnt seem the right size, is there anything that I should know before breaking the case trying to fit it?

edit: being an aldi pc the psu didnt reach with the 24 pin connector as it wasnt designed to sit that far away from the motherboard. its like a rats nest of cables and ive just given up… gonna have to arrange to get someone else to build it for me. plus im worried about my data being okay but hey ho

Its just a cheap io shield try getting opposite corners in or one side first and then lightly hammering it in.

Just get a 24 pin extension cable

Data is fine the pc is still working