Is a fan controller (hardware) useful?

Tavyk

Last week I built my pc and so far it has only been problem after problem. While this is one of the minor ones it has been bugging me:

I bought a fan kit with 5 fans (though I'm only using 4) and a controller. I have all of the fans connected to the controller, as well as my 240mm water cooler. They all work fine but they don't seem to be controlled by the motherboard so whenever I try to play something I have to manually set the fans to maximum (or else I'd have to manually adjust them every now and then. While there is a  "motherboard" function it doesn't seem to work, despite being connected to my motherboard's RGB and fan slots.

Am I doing something wrong here? I can't even use MSI Mystic Light or any other software to change the RGB colors of my setup and the controller only changes the fans, not the water cooler.

These are my complete specs btw:
Case: Redragon Bluestreak GC-MA211 (came with no fans)

Fan kit: Gamdias Aeolus M2-1205R (using 4 of 5 120mm fans)

Motherboard: MSI Pro Z690-A DDR5 Wi-Fi
CPU: Intel Core I9 12900K

Water cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid PL240 Flux 240mm

GPU: Gigabyte Geforce RTX 3080 TI Vision OC 12gb
RAM: Adata XPG Caster DDR5 16gb 4800MHz base, 6000MHz XMP (x2, totalling 32gb)

PSU: Corsair RM850x 850W 80 Plus Gold
SSD 1: Corsair 500gb MP600 Pro LPX
SSD 2: Gigabyte 2tb Aorus Gen4
SSD 3: Adata 2tb SU800 (reused from my old pc)

What is your fan controller? If it is hooked up to a USB header then you need to download the accompanying software to adjust the fan curves. If it is hooked up to a motherboard fan header then you need to make sure the fan header is in the right mode (4 pins = PWM 3 pins = DC) then adjust the fan curve for that specific header. 

4 minutes ago, Sorenson said:

What is your fan controller? If it is hooked up to a USB header then you need to download the accompanying software to adjust the fan curves. If it is hooked up to a motherboard fan header then you need to make sure the fan header is in the right mode (4 pins = PWM 3 pins = DC) then adjust the fan curve for that specific header. 

It has a SATA connection from what I understand. This is the official website for the fan pack.

If you can return those fans I would. I read the manual and the only way to change the fan speed appears to be by using the included remote. The Sata cable is for power, and the "motherboard" function lets your motherboard control the RGB. 

19 hours ago, Sorenson said:

If you can return those fans I would. I read the manual and the only way to change the fan speed appears to be by using the included remote. The Sata cable is for power, and the "motherboard" function lets your motherboard control the RGB. 

Sadly, I can't. I suppose I'll just have to remember to turn the fans to maximum when I'm going to play. The good news is that, in the 30-ish minutes I can run my games without crashing, everything stays around 60ºC so at least they're doing their job.

Thanks for your help! Now I just have to troubleshoot those straight to desktop crashes but that's a subject for another topic.