Should I buy an rtx 2080 ti or 3070?

idkevenknow
Go to solution Solved by idkevenknow,

hdmi 2.1  would be nice ill find used 3070's on ebay

I've been looking to upgrade from my 1060 6gb and my 2 options are rtx 2080 ti and rtx 3070. I need help choosing. 

2080 to has more VRAM, but is less efficie.t than 3070, and performs about the same. So if they're the same price, and you like playing eye candy and no concerns about efficiency: 2080ti. 

They would be pretty similar in  perfromance, so I'd just get whatevers cheaper of the two.

One additional thing you might want to keep in mind, depending on how long you're planning on keeping the card: Being the newer card, the 3070 will most likely be supported by drivers for longer. The card also supports HDMI 2.1 vs 2.0, which might matter to you, if you want to use high res high refresh rate monitors.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Get a RX6800 🙂

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones