Thoughts on upgrading my M1 Macbook Air?

I have an M1 MBA (8/256) and am considering upgrading to the M2. I got the lowest spec, but likely wouldn't do the same this time around. I don't game on my Mac, but I do just about everything else on it (work, school, talking with friends, etc). I'm not a power user per se, but I'm not super easy on my laptops. I'm at 7gb/8gb as I'm writing this, but I'm typically doing more than I am right now. There's a good chance I can sell my laptop for a good bit, and given approximately half my life is spent on this thing, I kinda want the upgrade. Thoughts? How stupid is this? 

Thanks in advance for any help!

41 minutes ago, TCG_Infiniti said:

work, school, talking with friends, etc)

Based on these uses, it sounds what you'd benefit most from is more ram and storage. The M1 itself seems perfectly capable of meeting your needs, you just need more memory to multitask and more storage for things like photos. The M2 itself wouldn't make the meaningful difference, but other amenities would.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Does it bother you when you heavy task? Does it actually slow down?

7/8 GB doesn’t mean much, you might not even realize when it will go over that.

Typically next gen switch isn’t the best idea for general usage (it always depends ofc), however if you really know that RAM is what bottlenecks you…

If you upgrade, you start at the Macbook Pro 14,2".

Upgrading from M1 to M2 is NOT worth it.

And i promise you: If you never get your M1 to hit 100% Load because you do some heavy Tasks, you will not notice a difference.

You'd get higher GPU Performance you never use.

up to 18% higher CPU performance, you never use (because the M1 is already bored with everyday Tasks).

But with the Base model, your SSD speed halves. Still, you probably won't notice that, but yea...

You'd basicly only upgrade for the Design and MagSafe.

The memory pressure graph is the best way to determine if you're being RAM constrained-- not how much it says you're using.