Jump to content

Asus GPU showing as Gigabyte vendor. Any suggestions appreciated:))

theMorThor
 Share

Hi all!

 

My partner bought a 1080ti last year and has had a few problems with it artifacting and generally playing up...It is an ROG Strix 1080ti, but it shows up in GPU-Z with Gigabyte as the Vendor...I assume this means someone has flashed the BIOS???

Is there a way to change it back? As it stands, in FurMark, it gets about 4.4k points at 174% TDP which is utterly dismal! SEE HERE: https://gpuscore.top/furmark/show.php?id=681627

 

Any thoughts are much appreciated! Being uni students in NZ, GPU's are especially pricey!!!


Thanks!!!

:))

 

**edit** just noticed that I was comparing points from 1080 and 1440. Tried to rerun FurMark and it black screened and crashed:( Still a massive problem with stuttering while rendering also!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup, sounds like previous owner flashed a modified bios. Check to see if you can find the model number or the serial number of the card (usually a sticker somewhere on the card).

mY s YsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??
 HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it?
 MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Levent said:

Yup, sounds like previous owner flashed a modified bios. Check to see if you can find the model number or the serial number of the card (usually a sticker somewhere on the card).

Its just a regular old Strix 1080ti Gaming

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, theMorThor said:

Its just a regular old Strix 1080ti Gaming (non-oc)

Techpowerup offers the BIOS versions of these cards 

 

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/?architecture=&manufacturer=ASUS&model=GTX+1080+Ti&version=&interface=&memType=&memSize=&since=

 

Since there are multiple STRIX revisions, any selection would probably be alright. Does this card have dual BIOS? It would be more comforting to flash the BIOS if it did, as a safety precaution. But also you can ensure both BIOS modes have appropriate firmware.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

 

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

 

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - dark mode Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

 

Trash beauty:

Xeon X5550RX 570 4GB (defective) -Fattydove Racing 240GB - WD Blue 320GBHP Z400 - 6x2GB DDR3 1066 - EVGA 450W3

 

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, theMorThor said:

Hi all!

 

My partner bought a 1080ti last year and has had a few problems with it artifacting and generally playing up...It is an ROG Strix 1080ti, but it shows up in GPU-Z with Gigabyte as the Vendor...I assume this means someone has flashed the BIOS???

Is there a way to change it back? As it stands, in FurMark, it gets about 4.4k points at 174% TDP which is utterly dismal! SEE HERE: https://gpuscore.top/furmark/show.php?id=681627

 

Any thoughts are much appreciated! Being uni students in NZ, GPU's are especially pricey!!!


Thanks!!!

:))

 

**edit** just noticed that I was comparing points from 1080 and 1440. Tried to rerun FurMark and it black screened and crashed:( Still a massive problem with stuttering while rendering also!!!

Don't run Furmark, it's potentially damaging. It's such an overboard synthetic load that even EVGA CSRs and Techs warn against using it.

 

Can you not just flash the proper current BIOS from ASUS?

Emma : i9 9900K 5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200Mhz - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID 0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz - Mackie CR5BT - Corsair Virtuoso SE - Logitech G910, G502 - Cooler Master Universal Graphics Card Holder

 

Plex : Ryzen 5 1600 - Gigabyte B450M-DS3H - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - 840 EVO 256GB + Toshiba P300 3TB - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi - Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500 - Antec Nine Hundred - Samsung 27" + Dell 24" 

 

Raven:  Intel i3 10100F - ASRock H410M-HDV - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2666Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Inland 256GB SSD + Toshiba 2TB HDD - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Spectre 24" 

 

Other Tech:

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 - i7 7700HQ, 16GB 2400 MHz RAM, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Dedayog said:

Don't run Furmark, it's potentially damaging. It's such an overboard synthetic load that even EVGA CSRs and Techs warn against using it.

 

Can you not just flash the proper current BIOS from ASUS?

Oooh noted, won't do it again then, was just try and find the root of the issue!!

 

Unfortunately not, bios flashing is not supported by ASUS! (At least the bios files aren't available via support downloads)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Techpowerup offers the BIOS versions of these cards 

 

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/?architecture=&manufacturer=ASUS&model=GTX+1080+Ti&version=&interface=&memType=&memSize=&since=

 

Since there are multiple STRIX revisions, any selection would probably be alright. Does this card have dual BIOS? It would be more comforting to flash the BIOS if it did, as a safety precaution. But also you can ensure both BIOS modes have appropriate firmware.

That would be ideal but I don't believe it does, will check in the morning. I'll try and also match the serial to a bios!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×