Remote connection with multiple screens

NanC

Hi all, Can you please tell me how to set up a remote connection with multiple screens from Windows 10 to Windows 7.

Is it possible using RDP?

You can do this with the stock RDP client by ticking the "Use all my monitors for the remote session" box under the 'Display' tab.

image.png.c2147bcc070238a51d43a57e757eb9f7.png

It can be a little more advanced (only use certain monitors), but those features aren't exposed in the UI or documented so you have to poke around the .rdp session files with a text editor.

https://www.hanselman.com/blog/how-to-remote-desktop-fullscreen-rdp-with-just-some-of-your-multiple-monitors

Dell owns my soul.

2 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

You can do this with the stock RDP client by ticking the "Use all my monitors for the remote session" box under the 'Display' tab

The experience is dependent on the version of Windows that is used. I think you need Pro Enterprise for that feature to work on some versions of Windows. 

Windows 10 Multi Monitors in remote desktop - Microsoft Community

Sometimes regardless of that button being ticked, you only get a single screen. Had it happen at the office, but I think it was issues with Win10 systems trying to rdp old Win 7 systems. Anyways, just a heads up in case it doesn't just work.

If that is the case, you might want to try using something like TightVNC, Teamviewer, Parsec, LogMeIn, etc.