I need some help with my first pc that I'm trying to build.

limjeff

Budget (including currency): 1500AUD (~1040 USD)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Red Dead Redemption, Pavlov VR, Other games with High - Ultra settings.

Other details: I like prefer NVIDIA graphics cards and Ryzen CPUS but I don't mind if it was a little different and If I was to play Pavlov VR I would be using the Meta Quest 2. 

Thank you so much for any help. 

32 minutes ago, limjeff said:

Budget (including currency): 1500AUD (~1040 USD)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Red Dead Redemption, Pavlov VR, Other games with High - Ultra settings.

Other details: I like prefer NVIDIA graphics cards and Ryzen CPUS but I don't mind if it was a little different and If I was to play Pavlov VR I would be using the Meta Quest 2. 

Thank you so much for any help. 

First of all good that you actually want to make your 1st PC build. I only know about intel stuff so sorry if this isn't what you want XD

SPECS:
For your use, your computer you might want to look at i5 10th gen. They mostly have 6 core and are pretty good for day to day life and for work too. I personally think i7s are really strong but you would only really need that much processing power when you are using multiple intensive programs. You could look at the newer version too if you want. 
For graphics cards it would depend on what resolution you want to use, if its 1080p, 3060 would be able to do high settings and could go to ultra in most. or you could go for a 3070, i have a 3070 and usually play on 1440p all on ultra settings no problems.
the rest would be up to you tho. 

Also made a quick pc list for you to check 
https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/GrRWJM

Something like this could work

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($229.00 @ Amazon Australia) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550M AORUS ELITE Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($149.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Memory: Kingston FURY Beast 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($79.00 @ PCByte) 
Storage: Western Digital Black SN750 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($129.00 @ BPC Technology) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 3060 Ti LHR 8 GB KO GAMING OC V2 Video Card  ($699.00 @ BPC Technology) 
Case: NZXT H510 Flow ATX Mid Tower Case  ($109.00 @ Centre Com) 
Power Supply: MSI MPG A-GF 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($129.00 @ Centre Com) 
Total: $1523.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-08-09 21:15 AEST+1000

1 hour ago, WulfGang said:

First of all good that you actually want to make your 1st PC build. I only know about intel stuff so sorry if this isn't what you want XD

SPECS:
For your use, your computer you might want to look at i5 10th gen. They mostly have 6 core and are pretty good for day to day life and for work too. I personally think i7s are really strong but you would only really need that much processing power when you are using multiple intensive programs. You could look at the newer version too if you want. 
For graphics cards it would depend on what resolution you want to use, if its 1080p, 3060 would be able to do high settings and could go to ultra in most. or you could go for a 3070, i have a 3070 and usually play on 1440p all on ultra settings no problems.
the rest would be up to you tho. 

Also made a quick pc list for you to check 
https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/GrRWJM

10th gen really isn't worth getting. You can get a 12100F for cheaper and it outperforms it. Also has a better upgrade path. Or for not much extra you can get an even better Ryzen 5600 or 12400F.