MY CPU LAMP IS ON AND ONE RAM STICK IS LIGHTING UP RED

Go to solution Solved by Kevin.Sahlstrom,
23 hours ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Could the CPU cooler be installed too tightly?  That's known to cause memory issues (usually on Intel systems, not sure what you have).

I have a ryzen 5700g so I doubt that. it wasn't a issue before I installed the new ram either. I did some researching and found out that if the vegnance pro is lighting up red it's indicating it's in update mode. for either a icue software update or a driver update. And I found out that if you force update in icue and ask corsair support for a D flash file it solves the issue. So it's no longer stuck in update mode and isn't lighting up red. Tho that did solve THAT issue I must clarify. I did have problems even booting and the motherboard ram and cpu light did signal and the pc didnt boot long before the red LEDs and update driver issue, and that is what even started this forum topic. But the issue I had first with it not booting is usually totally unrelated to the "stuck in driver update mode" issue. Which i didn't know was unrelated until yesterday when I fixed the driver update issue. I have run some tests and everything is now running as normal

I have 32gb 3600hz ram i bought today and i enabled xmp and everything was going fine. Until later today when I enabled some setting and I don't know which one that had something about the ram Speed to do with. And i restarded but PC didn't wanna boot. So i removed the cmos battery and that didn't work. I Saw the CPU LAMP lighting Up and One ram stick lighting Up so i tried removing that stick and that didn't work neither. I then tried only 2 sticks and neither did that. PLEASE help

8 minutes ago, Kevin.Sahlstrom said:

I have 32gb 3600hz ram i bought today and i enabled xmp and everything was going fine. Until later today when I enabled some setting and I don't know which one that had something about the ram Speed to do with. And i restarded but PC didn't wanna boot. So i removed the cmos battery and that didn't work. I Saw the CPU LAMP lighting Up and One ram stick lighting Up so i tried removing that stick and that didn't work neither. I then tried only 2 sticks and neither did that. PLEASE help

Did you switch off the PSU before removing the CMOS battery and leave it for a few minutes like that?

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

5 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Did you switch off the PSU before removing the CMOS battery and leave it for a few minutes like that?

Yes. I tried finniky around a bit more with the sticks. And with 2 of them it did boot. But now when I tried plugging in all 4 it isnt booting and One stick is lighting Up red again. I belive it's a faulty stick 

1 minute ago, Kevin.Sahlstrom said:

Yes. I tried finniky around a bit more with the sticks. And with 2 of them it did boot. But now when I tried plugging in all 4 it isnt booting and One stick is lighting Up red again. I belive it's a faulty stick 

Does that particular stick not work on its own?

WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)

1 minute ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

I haven't tried that. I'll do that right now give me 5 minutes

4 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

16599967475563555722322255552317.jpg

I spenat 150 f#cking (sorry Linus) dollars on this just for it to work for 3 hours and break

10 hours ago, Kevin.Sahlstrom said:

I spenat 150 f#cking (sorry Linus) dollars on this just for it to work for 3 hours and break

Frustrating, but all products suffer a small percentage of dead on arrival or early life failures, some poor soul has to be the one to get them.  The drag is if its a matched kit, you'll need to send all sticks back for replacement.

4 hours ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Frustrating, but all products suffer a small percentage of dead on arrival or early life failures, some poor soul has to be the one to get them.  The drag is if its a matched kit, you'll need to send all sticks back for replacement.

Yeah. I found that out the hard way. Problem is they don't have the same sticks in stock. And the Stores that do has the 2x 16gb or the same 4x 8gb for double the Price. 

@Alex Atkin UKI'm so goddam confused.. For some reason today when i tried for a last time to install the ram sticks. I installed the faulty one closest to the cpu since I know that is one of the more stable slots. And it started and works. It still lights up red indicating some issue. but for now it works. so i'm gonna keep a eye open and let this forum stay opened. If i incounter any issues i'll just return it

9 hours ago, Kevin.Sahlstrom said:

@Alex Atkin UKI'm so goddam confused.. For some reason today when i tried for a last time to install the ram sticks. I installed the faulty one closest to the cpu since I know that is one of the more stable slots. And it started and works. It still lights up red indicating some issue. but for now it works. so i'm gonna keep a eye open and let this forum stay opened. If i incounter any issues i'll just return it

Could the CPU cooler be installed too tightly?  That's known to cause memory issues (usually on Intel systems, not sure what you have).

23 hours ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

I have a ryzen 5700g so I doubt that. it wasn't a issue before I installed the new ram either. I did some researching and found out that if the vegnance pro is lighting up red it's indicating it's in update mode. for either a icue software update or a driver update. And I found out that if you force update in icue and ask corsair support for a D flash file it solves the issue. So it's no longer stuck in update mode and isn't lighting up red. Tho that did solve THAT issue I must clarify. I did have problems even booting and the motherboard ram and cpu light did signal and the pc didnt boot long before the red LEDs and update driver issue, and that is what even started this forum topic. But the issue I had first with it not booting is usually totally unrelated to the "stuck in driver update mode" issue. Which i didn't know was unrelated until yesterday when I fixed the driver update issue. I have run some tests and everything is now running as normal