Run more than one device at the same time different games

Is there a way to use one pc as a center hub for just steam and run different games at the same time

A virtual machine could do something similar to what you're trying to do

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

not on the same steam account though

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

38 minutes ago, SimplyChunk said:

not on the same steam account though

Although it should be relatively simple to setup a new account and use family sharing, of course not all games support that.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

13 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Although it should be relatively simple to setup a new account and use family sharing, of course not all games support that.

yeah but even with family sharing if you start a game on the main account the 'family shared' account will get a 15 minute warning to log out and and do something else before they get booted.  I'm not gonna share the way I think you COULD do it with one account as we do not condone piracy here

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

10 hours ago, SimplyChunk said:

yeah but even with family sharing if you start a game on the main account the 'family shared' account will get a 15 minute warning to log out and and do something else before they get booted.  I'm not gonna share the way I think you COULD do it with one account as we do not condone piracy here

Except that's not what the OP was asking "run different games at the same time", precisely what Family Sharing was designed for.

WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)

39 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Except that's not what the OP was asking "run different games at the same time", precisely what Family Sharing was designed for.

No, you can't run different games from the same account at the same time on steam. Example: There's a family account that's borrowing say, Left4Dead2.  They're playing that game.  If the account that owns Left4Dead2 starts playing say, Just Cause 3,  the account playing Left4Dead 2 will get a steam notification saying something along the lines of.  *main account name* Wants to use their steam library.  You have 15 minutes to save your progress and close the game.  If the warning is ignored by the account playing Left4Dead2 for the 15 minutes the game is closed automatically.

50 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

precisely what Family Sharing was designed for.

Family Sharing was designed to let people on the same computer share games while in their respective sessions.  It probably states in the Term and Conditions that you cannot use family sharing on separate hardware.

1 hour ago, SimplyChunk said:

Family Sharing was designed to let people on the same computer share games while in their respective sessions.  It probably states in the Term and Conditions that you cannot use family sharing on separate hardware.

Nope, it explicitly allows multiple shared devices:

A Steam account may authorize Family Library Sharing on up to 5 accounts and on up to 10 devices in a 90 day period. This includes accounts/devices that you have cancelled sharing with in that same time period.

While Family Sharing can work for users that are not accessing Steam from the same location, due to technical limitations, the feature may encounter issues that Steam is unable to provide support for.

The biggest caveat is most AAA games use their own DRM which is not supported.

Actually strike that:

a shared library may only be played by one user at a time including the owner and even if they want to play different games.

That sucks, I could have sworn it worked like Xbox where you can play so long as its a different game.

Is there a video that would give me ideas and if so what kind of system would it take. I would be running steam link