Can i drive 1080p 165hz Monitor over USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type C using Type C to DisplayPort Cable?

ageemaa

Hey, so i'm planning on getting myself a secondary monitor which is AOC 24G2SE. As the spec for the io on the monitor it has HDMI 1.4 x2 + DP 1.2 x1 + VGA x1. Now my laptop is HP Pavilion Gaming 15 DK-1xxx and it has io for display HDMI 2.0 and USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type C and website said it support DisplayPort 1.4 over that particular USB Type C port. here's what i don't understand, it only has 10Gbps of signaling rate rather than Standard DisplayPort 1.4 which has 32.4 Gbps of bandwidth. i can use the HDMI 1.4 but then it will only go as far as 1080p 144hz, so the question how does usb type c 3.2 support DisplayPort 1.4? Thanks

15 minutes ago, ageemaa said:

Hey, so i'm planning on getting myself a secondary monitor which is AOC 24G2SE. As the spec for the io on the monitor it has HDMI 1.4 x2 + DP 1.2 x1 + VGA x1. Now my laptop is HP Pavilion Gaming 15 DK-1xxx and it has io for display HDMI 2.0 and USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type C and website said it support DisplayPort 1.4 over that particular USB Type C port. here's what i don't understand, it only has 10Gbps of signaling rate rather than Standard DisplayPort 1.4 which has 32.4 Gbps of bandwidth. i can use the HDMI 1.4 but then it will only go as far as 1080p 144hz, so the question how does usb type c 3.2 support DisplayPort 1.4? Thanks

https://linustechtips.com/topic/729232-guide-to-display-cables-adapters-v2/?output=USBC

58 minutes ago, ageemaa said:

USB doesn't support DisplayPort, its a separate thing that happens to run over the same port and may or may not be included depending on your device.

Router:  Intel Celeron N5105 (pfSense) WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.44Gbit peak at 160Mhz 2x2 MIMO, ~900Mbit at 80Mhz)

Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~915Mbit) + Three 5G (~500Mbit average)