Bought a zephyrus M16 2022 and boy is it hot

I saw Alex do an unboxing of the M16 but never saw a full review.  ended up buying one and wow, that i9 puts out so much heat its uncomfortable. Turbo puts me at 95-96 under heavy load and thats just the processor, no load on the GPU.  (I'm afraid to even try to run prime95 on it)

I've gone ahead and undervolted (sort of? had to use XTU because there are no undervolting options in the bios, and XTU doesn't really have anything for "undervolting" but they do have some specialized term that seems to functionally do the same thing on the 12th gen i9)   that gets me down in to the mid 80's with a moderate but acceptable loss of performance. I plan on homebrewing a laptop "stand" that has noctua fans forcing air into the underside air intake holes, but that really shouldn't be necessary for a brand new laptop IMO.  

I was wondering what other's experiences with the 2022 I9 m16 has been.  

17 minutes ago, NullEmptyNothing said:

I saw Alex do an unboxing of the M16 but never saw a full review.  ended up buying one and wow, that i9 puts out so much heat its uncomfortable. Turbo puts me at 95-96 under heavy load and thats just the processor, no load on the GPU.  (I'm afraid to even try to run prime95 on it)

I've gone ahead and undervolted (sort of? had to use XTU because there are no undervolting options in the bios, and XTU doesn't really have anything for "undervolting" but they do have some specialized term that seems to functionally do the same thing on the 12th gen i9)   that gets me down in to the mid 80's with a moderate but acceptable loss of performance. I plan on homebrewing a laptop "stand" that has noctua fans forcing air into the underside air intake holes, but that really shouldn't be necessary for a brand new laptop IMO.  

I was wondering what other's experiences with the 2022 I9 m16 has been.  

I used it for about two hours before the m16 bricked itself during an update. It was too hot for me so I ended up swapping over to the G14 and like it a lot more.