MSI Z590-PRO A EZDEBUG CPU Red LED

nomnomsquid

Specs

cpu:11600k

psu:850w silverstone

gpu:gigabyte 3070ti

ram:2x8GB 3200Mhz Corsair

Mobo: MSI Z590-A Pro

So i updated my 970 to a new 3070 ti (cries finally) but now my system won't post and is showing the CPU LED red from the EZ DEBUG LED's.

I have followed MSI's steps so pretty much: checked CPU, Check pins, tried with no RAM, 1 stick, 2 stick, removed gpu, cleared cmos, rebuilt the system checked all the cables.

System won't post but fans and led's on everything is working and that LED is killing me please help someone~ i just want to use my new GPU~~!!

According to the MSI manual, you already troubleshooted almost everything it seems; either the CPU stopped working for some reason, or you forgot to plug in the CPU power connector. It could also be a motherboard issue if the CPU works just fine with another board.

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

All connections are plugged in 😕 

This is not the first time I have had a problem with this MOBO...when I first built the system had to RMA it and got a new one.
I'm thinking I have may have to RMA it again with the CPU just in case which just takes forever....

Just seems ridiculous that changing one thing will cause a completely unrelated thing to stop working completely -frustration-  

3 minutes ago, nomnomsquid said:

All connections are plugged in 😕 

This is not the first time I have had a problem with this MOBO...when I first built the system had to RMA it and got a new one.
I'm thinking I have may have to RMA it again with the CPU just in case which just takes forever....

Just seems ridiculous that changing one thing will cause a completely unrelated thing to stop working completely -frustration-  

Before you RMA it, see if you can take it to a repair shop, as they'll probably be able to narrow it down to either the CPU or the motherboard. Just ask them to test out the CPU and motherboard.

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

1 hour ago, nomnomsquid said:

All connections are plugged in

Did you unplug and replug both ends of all your power cables? I know it's a hassle, but it would be a good idea to do that because fiddling around inside the case can slightly jostle stuff loose in weird ways. Especially because you would have had to add a new power run for your GPU and modulars, as nice as they are, can still be rats nests

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

I have already done this before, unplugged cables and then re attached.... Will try to do so from the psu directly. See. If that helps. 

• 1 month later...

Replaced mobo went all over it couldn't find a problem...store couldn't find a problem so they gave me a discount on the new one but yeah very random.