VM running Parsec stuck at 1024x768

Ninjakub

I used the automated script, shown in the "Nvidia tried so hard to stop this" video, to create a VM on Win11 Pro and run Parsec. The VM is able to run games without issue, and I can see activity on my PNY GeForce RTX 3090 24GB XLR8 Gaming REVEL EPIC-X RGB Triple Fan Edition. 

When I first created the VM it ran at 1080p, but after a reboot it dropped to 1024x768 and I cannot figure out how to return it to a higher resolution. The goal is 2560x1440 if possible. I created a new VM, and the resolution dropped after the first reboot again. I then deleted this second VM.

I'm not certain that my dummy HDMI dongle is visible to the VM. I have a single 5120x1440 monitor plugged into the Host computer running Win11 Pro, along with the dummy plug. I tried installing a software virtual monitor (usbmmidd and v2), but nothing happened. I tried running the .bat a few more times, and nothing. I checked Device Manager and there were 6 virtual monitors in there (whoops). I uninstalled them all from there to try to return to a clean slate.

Is there a way to run a Hyper-V VM at a higher resolution without using the Enhanced Session, which breaks Parsec? Thank you!