Moved PC parts from one case to another, not working anymore, please help

Arnonymous
Go to solution Solved by NunoLava1998,
40 minutes ago, Arnonymous said:
37 minutes ago, Arnonymous said:

something new happened, it has been rotating with the qcodes for 30 minutes now, now it is stuck at 33! after I turned it off and on again 

That's strange; the codes it's giving out show that it actually seems to be booting up, but that the CPU is crashing somewhere during the boot process (more specifically, during System Agent DXE). That could be due to a wide variety of reasons, but it seems to be something wrong with your BIOS, CPU, or motherboard.

You should probably try to reset your BIOS settings; you can do this by removing the CMOS battery from your motherboard for about a minute while it's not plugged in. If that doesn't work, I'd just send it over to a repair shop; they can test with different CPUs and motherboards, and I'm not too sure what the exact culprit is here.

Hello! 

Today I took out all the hardware from one of my cases to another one. I have done this loads of times before, built several computers over the years. I know how to handle the parts and how to not damage them.

After I had gotten everything into the new case the qcode is running in "circles”'. it is going between all the startup codes, at the same time the lights for CPU, RAM and GPU lights up. it is stuck.

I've tried to take out all peripherals, all sata cables, RAM. The usual stuff you do when the PC doesn't post, is there anything I have missed? 

Thanks, and if you need more info please ask and I shall deliver.

MB: Asus x99 Deluxe

CPU: 5820k

You already tried to do the usual stuff... So.. Can it be because is any kind of short on the MOBO? Maybe a pin behind or a cable...?
Is not usual for the error code to rotate like that, is always a fixed one.

3700x PBO stock | b550-f | Crucial Ballistix 32GB 3200MHz | RTX 4080 Asus TUF OC | SN 850X 2TB - SN 850 1T | Cooler Master XG 850w Platinum PSU

That's definitely strange; it sounds like you could have accidentally damaged something, and based off of what you're describing, it's most likely the CPU or the motherboard. What codes are you getting? It's possible that the motherboard might be telling you something.

Try reseating your CPU, and check for damage on the motherboard; if that doesn't work, see if it still boots with a different CPU or motherboard. You should also check for a short, like @jauxansaid.

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

14 minutes ago, jauxan said:

You already tried to do the usual stuff... So.. Can it be because is any kind of short on the MOBO? Maybe a pin behind or a cable...?
Is not usual for the error code to rotate like that, is always a fixed one.

I will go over more thoroughly and check. I have tried searching for rotating qcode, but I don't really know how to search for it.. what words to use to describe it.

How would I check for a kind og short? that I have never done before.

11 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

That's definitely strange; it sounds like you could have accidentally damaged something, and based off of what you're describing, it's most likely the CPU or the motherboard. What codes are you getting? It's possible that the motherboard might be telling you something.

Try reseating your CPU, and check for damage on the motherboard; if that doesn't work, see if it still boots with a different CPU or motherboard. You should also check for a short, like @jauxansaid.

the codes are all over the place, is all the regular codes for regular bootup, I could post a video? 

I will try to reseat the CPU, I don't have another mb or cpu to test with now.. I'm getting a new pc soon, had hoped this could be my server hah

3 minutes ago, Arnonymous said:

the codes are all over the place, is all the regular codes for regular bootup, I could post a video? 

I will try to reseat the CPU, I don't have another mb or cpu to test with now.. I'm getting a new pc soon, had hoped this could be my server hah

It would definitely help; I'm just trying to see what codes you're getting, and how early in the boot process it starts to do that.

Sorry to hear that, hopefully it's something you can easily fix. Best of luck

15 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

https://imgur.com/a/Zu7oyg5 video

5 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

It would definitely help; I'm just trying to see what codes you're getting, and how early in the boot process it starts to do that.

Sorry to hear that, hopefully it's something you can easily fix. Best of luck

something new happened, it has been rotating with the qcodes for 30 minutes now, now it is stuck at 33! after I turned it off and on again 

40 minutes ago, Arnonymous said:
37 minutes ago, Arnonymous said:

That's strange; the codes it's giving out show that it actually seems to be booting up, but that the CPU is crashing somewhere during the boot process (more specifically, during System Agent DXE). That could be due to a wide variety of reasons, but it seems to be something wrong with your BIOS, CPU, or motherboard.

You should probably try to reset your BIOS settings; you can do this by removing the CMOS battery from your motherboard for about a minute while it's not plugged in. If that doesn't work, I'd just send it over to a repair shop; they can test with different CPUs and motherboards, and I'm not too sure what the exact culprit is here.

4 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

Hi, thank you SO much for all the help Nuno. I reseated the CPU, and hit the clearCMOS button many times, took out all the RAM again and tried 1 and 1 then waited a while.. and it suddenly works.. !! I honestly dont know what did it, but thank you so much for taking the time to help me. I really appreciate it. I am happy.

4 minutes ago, Arnonymous said:

Hi, thank you SO much for all the help Nuno. I reseated the CPU, and hit the clearCMOS button many times, took out all the RAM again and tried 1 and 1 then waited a while.. and it suddenly works.. !! I honestly dont know what did it, but thank you so much for taking the time to help me. I really appreciate it. I am happy.

That's great, I'm happy to hear that! Just mark my answer as the solution, so that it shows as up as being solved.