AMD Graphics card: what are the proper settings for it??

Go to solution Solved by CataclysmicGentleman,

OK SO I found the solution!

I reinstalled AMD drivers and (full) software.

(removed the old drivers and reinstalled them)

it works great now! Thanks guys 😄

Hi everyone.

I just got a AMD RX 6400 (SFF) and it runs great! However I am so new to this whole, owning a gaming PC I am unsure of what to do in terms of drivers, AMD graphics card settings (Via Adrenaline Software) and the like.I have done more then one search on this topic and cannot find any clear answers. I have basically no idea what works well in the AMD Adrenaline settings, and what I should avoid.

I am also new to owning a desktop, it runs very well. I wish I didn't spend my money on my past laptops... they costed more and preformed worse.

Anyways, any advice? I already installed the simple version of the software instead of the full install.

Also a side note: I really like Linux KDE Fedora but I dont want to install it because I feel my budget gaming PC will either 1 explode (xd) or 2 preform very poorly in games that refused to load when I tried them with my "gaming" laptop like Halo master chief collection.(I should make a seperate topic for this, I juust wanted to mention it :3)

My Specs are:

200W power

8th Gen core i5 (6 cores, 3GHz)

16 GB of ram (it says its max is 1.3k Hertz for speed. ... I know I should replace it if the motherboard can handle better ram, this is just what the computer came with lol)

Graphics card is the SSF (Small form factor) AMD 4GB RX 6400 with 2.5k Hertz or whatever you use to define the speed I forgot the exact name xd

also to clarify I already installed the drivers for the AMD card, and have had fun playing some games like ... Halo, project wingman, Gen Zero (begone evil robots!) and a few others. It has done far better then I was expecting, running at 1920X1080 (full HD i think) 😄 the only game to have serious stuttering and lag and issues has been minecraft. . . which is sad considering I can stream EVERSPACE at high-ultra settings on OBS with no issue (besides finding the perfect bitrate settings) and MINECRAFT struggles MORE!? Someone needs to buy out the company and remake the game from the ground up!! (Ignoring Minetest cough)

The Radeon control panel is super versatile and well made. Comes with drivers for the card, would highly recommend.

Minecraft has and always will be inexplicably buggy.

3 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

The Radeon control panel is super versatile and well made. Comes with drivers for the card, would highly recommend.

Minecraft has and always will be inexplicably buggy.

I dont have the option to run the old-AMD control pannel. Maybe its because I am using the minimal software install instead of full? (full had a lot of seeming bloatware) I only have AMD Adrenaline edition. It downloaded the drivers for the card.

Screenshot 2022-08-07 190157.png

I just installed the full driver package with the Adrenaline suite. Works fine on my RX 6600 system. 

1 hour ago, CataclysmicGentleman said:

I dont have the option to run the old-AMD control pannel. Maybe its because I am using the minimal software install instead of full? (full had a lot of seeming bloatware) I only have AMD Adrenaline edition. It downloaded the drivers for the card.

Screenshot 2022-08-07 190157.png

Technically that is still nearly the full set, just way less user friendly, would recommend getting full drivers. Not much in the way of Bloatware, most of the stuff is useful utilities.

12 hours ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

I just installed the full driver package with the Adrenaline suite. Works fine on my RX 6600 system. 

What setting do you use? I am sorry if my main question isn’t clear… mb .. There are so many settings options but its all greek to me. What settings should be on and off is not very clear. 

11 hours ago, BiotechBen said:

Technically that is still nearly the full set, just way less user friendly, would recommend getting full drivers. Not much in the way of Bloatware, most of the stuff is useful utilities.

I will install the full version of the software. What settings are recommended? There are so many switches and buttons- all of which seem intimidating to me. Also the agreement that I cannot sue amd if turning some of them on breaks my machine doesn’t help with my anxiety levels either lololol

21 minutes ago, CataclysmicGentleman said:

I will install the full version of the software. What settings are recommended? There are so many switches and buttons- all of which seem intimidating to me. Also the agreement that I cannot sue amd if turning some of them on breaks my machine doesn’t help with my anxiety levels either lololol

That's only there because the US LOVVVVES litigation over literally anything. Basically it's so that if someone turns all the dials up to like 27 they don't have grounds to sue if the magic blue smoke appears. 

I'd recommend adjusting the fan curve first, many cards only go to 40/50% by default to be extra quiet at the price of thermals. 

You can also adjust memory clock and core clocks, should be able to get some mem clock boost. 

Also I ran into a new issue, not sure what it means... also tbh i hate windows so bad lol I wish I could go back to Linux KDE but as you can see I am already having a hard time on WINDOWS let alone trying to game and handle drivers on Linux when I dont speak command prompt.

help.png

2 hours ago, BiotechBen said:

That's only there because the US LOVVVVES litigation over literally anything. Basically it's so that if someone turns all the dials up to like 27 they don't have grounds to sue if the magic blue smoke appears. 

I'd recommend adjusting the fan curve first, many cards only go to 40/50% by default to be extra quiet at the price of thermals. 

You can also adjust memory clock and core clocks, should be able to get some mem clock boost. 

thanks for the suggestions, ill try em out.

OK SO I found the solution!

I reinstalled AMD drivers and (full) software.

(removed the old drivers and reinstalled them)

it works great now! Thanks guys 😄