First Custom Build Feedback

EvilOdin

Budget (including currency): About $1500 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Causal gaming such as OSRS, as well as some single player AAA titles as they come. Will be used for general computing but doesn't need to be able run processing intensive tasks such as editing. 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I have been editing and reworking my parts list for a few weeks now, and belive I am nearing being able to buy. I had posted for advice on r/buildapc and have taken and adjusted using some of that advice. Current pc parts list is: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rw3MMb

I have a couple of questions.

1. Is my cooling suffiecient? I have a CPU cooler, as well as the case coming with 2 fans.

2. Will all components fit in my case? (particularly PSU) I am having trouble finding exact dimensions.

3. Is the motherboard compatible out of box? A BIOS update may be possible, but I'd love to have my first build be as easy as possible.

4. Is there any parts I could go cheaper on, and use money elsewhere? Or is it pretty well optimized for my budget?

Additonally, am buying for ground up, so any suggestions on peripherals like monitor, keyboard and mouse is apprecaited. This does not need to be in the $1500 USD budget. I am expecting to spend additional money on peripherals, but don't have a solid budget for those yet. 

And of course, and other advice for a first time builder or any other glaring mistakes I've made. Thanks!

If you just plan to game then I'd reccommend something like this

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RhYCZw

The 12600kf is a solid cpu, but a 12400f would be sufficient in gaming

Cheap aftermarket cooler to keep it cool. Most of the alder lake cpus don't get too hot so they can mostly get cooled by a thermalright fc 140 and for this case, a vetroo v5 will be sufficient. 

Good board for the price

Cheapest kit of 16gb ram, you probably won't see more than that in games so it's about what id put in

Cheap 2tb storage

Cheapest 3080 12gb, which is a pretty decent improvement over a 6700xt. If you want to put a 1440p 144hz monitor in, you could reduce the gpu to a 6800xt and It would give you some more room budget wise and still gives you a good experience 

Nice case and a solid 850 watt psu

A monitor id reccommend is the LG 27gl850 and I've seen some keyboards like the rk87 being a pretty good buy for the price

1 hour ago, EvilOdin said:

Budget (including currency): About $1500 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Causal gaming such as OSRS, as well as some single player AAA titles as they come. Will be used for general computing but doesn't need to be able run processing intensive tasks such as editing. 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I have been editing and reworking my parts list for a few weeks now, and belive I am nearing being able to buy. I had posted for advice on r/buildapc and have taken and adjusted using some of that advice. Current pc parts list is: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rw3MMb

1. Is my cooling suffiecient? I have a CPU cooler, as well as the case coming with 2 fans.

2. Will all components fit in my case? (particularly PSU) I am having trouble finding exact dimensions.

3. Is the motherboard compatible out of box? A BIOS update may be possible, but I'd love to have my first build be as easy as possible.

4. Is there any parts I could go cheaper on, and use money elsewhere? Or is it pretty well optimized for my budget?

Additonally, am buying for ground up, so any suggestions on peripherals like monitor, keyboard and mouse is apprecaited. This does not need to be in the $1500 USD budget. I am expecting to spend additional money on peripherals, but don't have a solid budget for those yet. 

And of course, and other advice for a first time builder or any other glaring mistakes I've made. Thanks!

for the keyboard, i would recommend a keychron v2 if you dont have a lot of money

2 hours ago, EvilOdin said:

1. Yes.
  2. Yes. PSU height and width are standard. Some cases have length limitations, but the PSU in your build is the ATX standard length of 140mm. This information is available on the pcpartpicker product page and the EVGA product page. The case PSU length limit is 250mm and is listed on the Phanteks product page.
  3. Yes.
  4. A 650W PSU is sufficient for the build. https://pcpartpicker.com/product/4xGnTW/phanteks-amp-650-w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-ph-p650g_us01. You could use a less expensive CPU cooler. Something like the Scythe Fuma 2 rev B or one of many 240 AIO.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

White black theme with plenty of horsepower to push your games to the limit. Current ideal might be 1440p>1080p with something like this:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-12400F 2.5 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($149.99 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Deepcool AK400 WH 66.47 CFM CPU Cooler  ($37.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI PRO B660-A DDR4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($129.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: OLOy Blade RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($64.98 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN570 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($84.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT 16 GB Red Devil OC Video Card  ($689.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Fractal Design Pop Air ATX Mid Tower Case  ($105.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 PE 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($89.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1353.90
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-08-08 02:27 EDT-0400

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker