Sudden blackscreen while playing Apex Legends, then on desktop use (PC still running)

avgcsgoenjoyer

Problem: I was playing Apex Legends. Suddenly my screen turned black. I could still hear and talk to the people on discord, so the PC was running normally.

After restarting, it started happening when I was doing normal stuff, like opening tabs in firefox or redownloading Apex Legends or copying files from my NVME to my SSD.

I then reinstalled Windows and it happened again while reinstalling the latest Nvidia driver. PC kept running, so I waited a minute, then hit reset, and upon reboot the driver was installed successfully and my resolution was switched to 1080p correctly.

Specs: 12600k, 3060ti EVGA (newest DCH driver), 3200 Cl14 Ram @ XMP, Corsair RM750x, Z690-A Pro, newest Bios (1.81)

Monitor: HP Omen X25 240Hz, I am using Gsync @ Fullscreen.

Windows 10 64bit, 20h2 Version

What I tried: Immediately when it happened I backed up my files, reset my Bios, updated my Bios to newest stable (was using an older version recommended for stability), reinstalled windows and redownloaded Apex Legends.

I ran 10 minutes of heaven benchmark with practically no issues and very good FPS to make sure the GPU is fine (it should be, I usually undervolt it too).

I am now running factory default Bios settings, just E cores disabled and XMP enabled and no tweaks or nothing.

Apex Legends is not causing issues right now. This would hint towards an issue with CPU / Ram stability? I previously ran 49 on the P-cores with 45 ring ratio @1.35 Vcore, combined with a very moderate 3600 cl15 ram overclock.

But how would CPU/ Ram be causing my GPU to stop sending a signal? I am highly confused and have no idea how to figure out where the issue stems from

Does this mean I was not using enough voltage for my overclocks? Maybe that would explain why moving files or opening a lot of tabs (ram / cpu actions) would cause the black screen... even tho it did not crash, just went black.